About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Monday, June 3, 2013

June 3rd, 2013 62 Degrees Really?

June 3rd:
   It is now up to 62 degrees at 3 p.m. on June 3rd !   REALLY???????? Wow we're talking a real scorcher here! This is April weather, not June weather! I hate to say it but I think this is going to be a cool Summer, and if that's the case I am going to hate it. I love it wen the sun shines! The lows aren't even going to make it into the 70's for the next few weeks according to the 10 day forecast! I guess we won't have to worry about having to run the air at night while we're camping next week! I'll be surprised if the water is warm enough for swimming! The only thing HOT so far this Summer is my temper! LOL!

Keepsake Bouquet:
   I finally got the keepsake bouquet done yesterday!  After all the trouble I had when I started it, I got it finished in about 3 hours! I will post a pic if I can remember how to do that again! I am getting really bad at forgetting things lately! Is senility kicking in already, I thought I'd have a few good years before that happened. Haha!

Poison Ivy:
   The poison ivy / oak is almost gone with little or no itching now. I still have some very dry places where it was, but I can handle that happily without the  oozing blisters, and the itch! Good thing it is clearing up cos Erik's wedding is this Friday!

Just In Time: 
   Wouldn't ya know it when the poison starts to clear up something else starts up! I haven't been sick all Winter and  what do I get? So just in time for camping next week, both Mike and I got up with sore throats yesterday! I hope it's not that crap my son Gary, and his wife Mariah, and Charli had. They had some kind of upper respiratory infection and coughed their heads off. If it is that creepin' crud I'm gonna have their heads! I am hoping it is just allergies! Should make for a real fun time camping if we're both sick! I am praying, please let it be allergies! It seems like I just can't win right now! Anyway if feel s like my throat is on fire, and raw. So you're by this time probably groaning saying "Oh no, something else we gotta listen to her complain about" !  Sorry guys, just had to say it! Lol! I'll cut it out, I promise! Haha! 

Busy Week Ahead:
   So I watched Charli this morning, and this afternoon Mike had a dreaded Dentist appointment. After he gets back I need to go to Walmart  and get some things for the camping trip. I don't know if he will be going or not, I guess it will depend on how he feels when he gets back from the Dentist.
   Tuesday and Wednesday we'll be loading things in the fiver etc... Jamie and Mike will be getting the hitch back into the back of the truck. Then Thursday I have Charli in the morning, then I have to get my hair cut in the afternoon. On Friday I have Charli in the morning, then we have to  get ready and go to the wedding. Then a graduation party on Saturday, and on Sunday finish packing the fiver. Whew that is enough.

Flowers:
   One thing I didn't get done this week end  was get my flowers outside. So I guess I will do that this afternoon.  I wonder though is the 60's at night going to hurt them? I guess we'll see what happens. So I think I'll close now and I promise I'll try to be more upbeat tomorrow! So Until then...







No comments: