About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Tuesday June 4th, No Whine Today I Promise!

Tuesday:
   I spent today running errands and working in the fiver. Made a trip to Meijer and Wally World. I  was able to find everything on my list so I did very good too!  At Meijer I took back the sandals I bought that were too big. Then At Wally World I managed to get a gazebo canopy for over the picnic table, we bought one last year but ended up taking it back because of missing pieces. I hope this one is okay with no missing pieces. So now I have one for my outside cooking station, and over the table.   I also found the rain ponchos so I can walk the dogs if it is raining. If it is storming though they'll just have to cross their legs until it quits, cos I am not going out walking in a storm! I am hoping that if I am prepared then it won't rain! Haha! If I didn't take one, then it would rain for sure! Just our kind of luck, lol!  With the Grand Daughters going ya gotta have the makings for smores, it's a tradition! Lol! All we have left to get besides the food is new collars for the dogs, (since we have to use a long cable lead at the campsite when they are not leashed) they will be able to slip their collars off their necks if they don't have a halter on. We can't take a chance of them getting loose. 

Fiver:
   I was able to work in the fiver this afternoon. I got the refrigerator  wiped out, and all the shelves cleaned. Then I did the bathroom, I don't know about you, but I hate cleaning bathrooms. It is a necessary evil for me, I do it because I like a clean bathroom, but I don't have to like doing it. Haha! It is now nice and clean, except for the shower, which we'll use for storage, this time, so it can wait until the next trip. The sites at Indian Lake state park are not full hook up, meaning all they have is electric. So we'll shower at one of the shower houses, which are nice, and usually kept clean. We fill the water tank in the fiver at home, and then it usually lasts all week for dishes and the bathroom sink and the toilet. Of course I try to use paper plates whenever I can, so I don't have a lot of dishes, and I'm also lazy when we're camping. I feel like I shouldn't have to do dishes all the time, it's my relaxation time too!  We do have a water heater that makes plenty of hot water when we need it though. It is really nice when we do get full hook ups, because then we have water, electric and sewer, which means we don't have to go to the dump station at all. Usually we stop there on our way out of the campground when we just have electric. When we go to the dump station after we're done camping, then when we're ready to go again the system is always clean. I'll try to take some pictures of the inside of the fiver tomorrow so you can see what it looks like. Mike was able to dewinterize the fiver today, and get all the RV antifreeze out of the water lines, and flush the lines with water. He turned on the water heater so I had hot water to wash the inside of the refrigerator, and clean the bathroom etc... So things are starting to get done. Tomorrow, I hope Autumn and Tehya will come over and carry things out to the fiver for me, so I don't have to make so many trips. Things that are not heavy, but need to be put back in after being stored inside the house for the winter. Like spices, towels, paper products, movies etc... Then there is coloring books, cards and stuff  for them to do in case it rains. So not heavy stuff, just lots of items that require extra trips, so it will keep my foot from swelling if they make some of the trips for me.

Time to say Good Night:
Gotta get this posted, and if there are lots of spelling mistakes tonight, I'm sorry, but the spell checker in Blogger is not working tonight for some reason.  Now ya know I's just too lazy tonight to look the words up in a dictionary! Haha! So until next time ya'll, see ya's...









No comments: