About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Saturday, June 8, 2013

It's Been A Very Busy Two Days!

Friday:
   The wedding was beautiful! It was at a venue called the Darby House not far from Columbus, Ohio. Very picturesque, out in the country overlooking a river. It was outside and a tad chilly because the wind kicked up about the time we got there. I was sure glad when it was over so we could go inside the building. There were lights in the trees and flowers everywhere. The keepsake bouquet I made had a place of honor right beside the main table in the entry way. I couldn't believe how close the one I made using silk flowers was went to her real bouquet. Having not seen her colors, and just being told what they were I was very pleased it was so close to the original. She came over and hugged me and thanked me again for making it and told me how much she loved it. I was glad that I was able to do it for my gift to them.

Graduation Party: 
   Tonight was the graduation party for one of our friend's Grand Daughter, she graduated from high school last Sunday. It was also very nice, with lots of friends and family there to wish Taylor well in her next big step, college.

Also Today:
   We are one step closer to getting ready for our trip on Monday. We went to Sam's this afternoon, and got most of the things  we needed for the week. I have to stop, and get 3 more things at the grocery store tomorrow, then that will be it. After that we need to run by Petsmart and get the halters for the dogs. Then all the running will be done. Just a matter of getting the rest of the things in the fiver. I may have to call my helpers back over here tomorrow, and have them take stuff out to the fiver as I get stuff ready. Autumn and Tehya were a big help the other day. At least most of the food is put away in the fiver, we just took it straight from the truck and put it away in the trailer. Now it's just a matter of getting everything on my lists into the fiver. So we'll have to get up and be busy in the a.m.
I watched Charli at 6 a.m. again this morning, I wasn't supposed to, but I couldn't say no, I won't see her for the next  2 weeks. So I am a little tired tonight. Travel days are usually pretty laid back, with not too much activity besides setting up the fiver, and getting things ready at the campsite. We'll see how the dogs react, and pray that we don't add too much campground comedy for the other campers! 


    I think this is gonna be it for tonight, I just have all these check lists running around in my head and my mind is going in circles. So I'll be back tomorrow, same time, same channel. So until then: See Ya's...

No comments: