About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wednesday Work

Wednesday:
   We got a lot accomplished today. Autumn and Tehya rode their bikes over at about noon. We got right to work, they carried my hanging plants outside for me first. Then we started taking things out to the trailer. They made lots of trips for me and even put some stuff away, when they knew where it went. They worked hard for me today! I didn't get everything put away on the counter, so no pics today, hopefully I can finish up tomorrow afternoon. Then I can take some pics for you. Since the girls worked so hard today I took them to lunch at McDonald's before I took them home. Mike put their bikes in the back of the Beast (truck) and off we went. We got the food and took it to the park for a impromptu picnic. I didn't want to go in McD's with their bikes in the back of the truck, no sense in taking a chance on them getting stolen.  

The Beast:
   The Beast is happy again, her hitch for the fiver is back in the  bed of the truck! Jamie and Mike put it back in this afternoon. The hitch is like her saddle, bet ya didn't know she could talk to us, and tell us how she feels did ya! Haha! Now all she needs is a wash job before we leave for Indian Lake on Monday. After that she ought to be down right ecstatic! Lol! Well maybe ecstatic is too much to ask for with only a wash job, we'll say she will be extremely happy. I guess we should save ecstatic for after she gets waxed! Maybe Mike will get inspired, and do that next week while the girls and I are swimming, since he doesn't go to the beach with us.  We usually head out after lunch for the beach, and stay all afternoon until time for dinner.  That should give him plenty of quiet time for the all important nap, and time left over to maybe make the Beast happy with some waxing. You know like the Karate Kid, wax on, wax off, hehe! He will probably say he is there to relax, not to work! Lol!

Swimsuit Shopping:
   Kara got some money for her report card from her Dad, (our  Son Jamie) her GPA was 3.4 for the year! So she wanted to get a new swimsuit. Well off we went to Meijer and Walmart to see what we could find. Kara thought Walmart's selection of swimsuits kinda left a lot to be desired, and I have to agree with her. They were kind of ugly and looked cheap.  She did get a couple pair of shorts at Walmart to wear over her swimsuit bottoms, (must be the style now days) to swim in swim shorts over your two piece bottom.  Why??? Don't ask me, I have no idea! So we ended up at Meijer, and she got a new swimsuit top. She found one that she really liked, and it was 30% off. She decided to use the bottoms from her swimsuit last year since they are black, and the ones that went with the suit were black too. The top has several different colors of polka dots on it with a black background. It only took us about 3 hours to find one she likes! Lol! I tell ya shopping with teenage girls can make you feel like you have been put through a wringer!  They stress over finding just the right one!  Funny, I never had that much trouble shopping with my boys, they were just like, here I'll take this, this, and this, now let's go! Haha! They are definitely Mike's Sons, cos he is the same way! Lol!

Tomorrow:
   Tomorrow is an early day, Charli will be here at 6 a.m. until noon, and then I have an appointment to get my hair cut at 1:30 p.m. It has gotten  so long I can put it up in a high pony tail and it touches the back of my neck at the bottom. Most definitely time for a hair cut! More about that tomorrow.  Well I think this is going to be all for today and tonight. So I'll see ya's, somewhere in time...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I didn't even bother with Walmart when we went (I don't do Walmart unless there is no other resort)..I told Kara here top was pretty close to the same style as Autumn's except the print was different. So....the girls worked hard for you, why can't they do that for me?!?!?! lol...BTW-Autumn also had a high GPA, 3.7 or something like that, I am surprised her grades didn't slip last quarter (unlike another little girl that we won't mention!) She only had 1 B+ but the rest were A's...Then again, I also told her if her grades slipped she could forget cheer! I know, I am such a mean mom...and Corey is a lot more picky than he used to be apparently, it took him forever to find a pair of swim trunks he liked the last time he bought them! lol...OK I am done commenting, I am really bored at work and don't have anything good to blog about myself today :P