About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Thursday, June 6th, 2013

Today is Thursday:
   Time is getting short and I am starting to freak, cos everything isn't loaded into the fiver. We still haven't been to Sam's, Pet Smart, or to get groceries, and I haven't even made a menu or a list for the groceries.  Lists, eek, I need to make lists, lot's of lists. Yikes!!! The wedding is tomorrow early evening, and I have Charli again at 6 a.m. until noonish. Then showers, and getting ready etc... I did straighten up everything this afternoon in the fiver after I got back from getting my hair cut. I also got the pics that I promised you. They are not in any particular order, and there is these weird orbs or circles in some of them, I think it might be a reflection 
of the light, the spots are not on the items in the pics. So just ignore the spots, that's what I am doing, cos it can't be ghosts, right? Lol! I watch too many of Celebrity Ghost stories. I think it has warped my mind. Haha!  Well ya never know! Okay, I'll quit teasing and kidding around.  
Anyway the first pic is of the hitch in the back of the Beast! I will get a pic when we get the Beast and the Bear hitched up together on Monday.  The next 3 are of the living room, then you have the dining table and 2 of the 4 chairs, and the extra fridge, and the gazebos we use        
                                                      outside are in the blue cases.
                                                      The next 2 are of the bed
                                                      room and then you have the
                                                      hallway. Next is the bath
room. Then finally 2 of the kitchen area. It is a nice size, except like I said when ya get 3 pre- teen girls in there with all their stuff, all over the place! Then it seems very small! We lived in this fiver for 3 months when we first got it, just to see if we felt claustrophobic. I am happy to 
say we didn't, so we know we can live in it should we ever get to go full time Rving. Which is what we bought the fiver for. Right now we're holding onto that dream, and waiting to see what happens with our settlement from the accident we were in 2 years ago this coming November. I
hope we'll  be in better shape  after the trial is over so we can enjoy some traveling and warm temps in the winter. As you can see from the pictures, we have everything we need, and then some. It's just like a mini home. The only thing it doesn't have is a washer and dryer, and most places and 
campgrounds have them for your use when you stay there, so we're good! One thing I wish I had was a pantry, somehow we  missed that. I use the cabinets under the television.  It's not in the kitchen, but it doesn't hurt me to walk a few feet to get a can of something right now. 
It might be different when we live in it most of the time, but barring hitting the lottery I don't foresee us getting a different fifth wheel trailer. Haha! So we'll be satisfied with what we have, cos it is enough, and it does what we want it to. If we had an overabundance of money, 
(who does in this economy) we would consider getting a Mobile Suite, cos they are really plush, they are the ultimate for me! Having said that, there is nothing wrong with the fiver we have.  They have come out with some really nice upgrades in the recent years that would be 
                                                      nice to have, but we're doing

fine with what we have. I think I'd rather pay the one we have off than buy a new one.  That is unless we hit the lottery, as I said earlier. There is one problem with winning the lottery though, ya have to play it, in order to have a chance of winning it. I'm not much of a gambler,

 so I have about as much chance of hitting the lottery as a snowball in you know where. Lol!

Busy:
   Enough now, I have to get busy and do a few things and  as I said earlier I have to make those ever important lists, so I can cross off stuff as it goes in the fiver. That is the only way I remember everything. I'd be lost without my lists, I've tried going without them, and It's not good. It required me going to the store to get everything I forgot! Haha!  That being said I'm sure I'll forget something, but at least I know with my lists, it will be something minor. So ya'll take care and I'll see ya's when I see ya's... Probably not til Saturday. Ta ta for now!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

procrastination...now I know where my kids get it from (their dad!) lol