About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Rving On My Mind / Spring Maybe? / Fingers Crossed

Rving on My Mind:
   When are we going to get out in the Rv? Mike is thinking about getting the cover off the fiver soon!  He has checked the weather forecast for the next week and it is predicting rain for most of the week. I think he has Spring fever as bad as I do! He is ready to head to Sam's so he can get 2 new batteries for the truck. He has done a test on the batteries, and thinks that the batteries may be bad. If that doesn't make the battery light go off, then it will probably mean that the alternator is bad. I don't know which of the two will be more expensive to fix. I guess we're about to find out!  Lol! Wish us luck!  Where will we go, what will we do stay tuned to find out! In the meantime this next item just in!

A P B : Spring Missing:
   Have you seen Spring in your area? The subject is described as having warm temperatures, lots of sunshine, with warm good smelling rain, and some light winds. If you have seen this suspect please return it to Ohio. Spring skipped out, instead of hanging around like that dang ground hog by the name of Phil said it would. Leaving us at the mercy of old man Winter for extra weeks of cold, and even measurable (gasp) snow! Ha ha! The suspect is believed to have headed South where warmer weather has been found! Ha ha! Can ya tell how desperate I am ? Lol! Just trying to have a bit of fun with this!
Sign of Spring:  
   What do you think? I hope that this is indeed a good solid  lead that Spring is indeed on it's way! This is a real picture, of real flowers, actually growing in our own yard! Ha ha! I am really  hopeful that this is the case, and not a cruel joke on the part of Mother Nature! Lol! Mike was good enough to take this picture for me yesterday when he went out to get the mail, cos at this point I really need the proof! There is just this one bunch so it could be suspect. Mike did say that they were real though. No tulips were blooming at the time of the taking, of said picture. However, the tulips are about half way up out of the ground, and there is still hope that they will indeed bloom! As rains, and some thunderstorms are predicted for next week, along with temps in the 60's to almost 70, it could be a real possibility that Spring will mosey it's way back to Ohio. You know what they say about April showers bringing May flowers, so keep your fingers crossed! If it does indeed rain most of the week like they are predicting, I'll try not to complain too much! The dogs have been in and out most of the day as the temp climbed to about  60. We need a revolving door for them ha ha!

Foot Blurb:  
   My foot is doing okay.There is less pain, I have had only 1 Vicodin today so far. I will take another before bed so that will make 2 instead of 4 a day! I am happy about that!

Blog:
   I am trying to make my blog better as I go along since I have only been back writing it for a few months. You see the Rv bug bit me again so I've been a bit obsessed about it. Just because I don't write about Rving everyday doesn't mean I am not mulling it over in my mind all the time. I assure you that is exactly what I am doing. By the time my enforced foot resting is over, I will probably bore you to tears, with what my little mind comes up with to write about.

Half Time:
   Believe it or not, Half Timers get just as bad cases of Hitch Itch as Full Timers do! That itch desperately needs scratched in our case! We haven't been anywhere since last July  in the fiver! We hope to be seeing ya all in the near future somewhere around the corner and down the road! Lol! So until we are able to scratch that hitch itch we'll see ya in our dreams...

                                                                                                         






   

No comments: