About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Friday, April 5, 2013

Rating Stars / My Blog / Words / My Wish

Rating Stars:
   I have added a star rating at the end of my posts so I can gauge whether or not you like the subject matter of my posts.This is not so I can get a bunch of stars and get a big head, ( inflated ego ) it couldn't be farther from the truth. I don't want you to just add stars to make me feel better. I want you to be honest with me. If I write about something that you like then add the stars. Sometimes ya don't want to leave a comment, for identity reasons. This way you can just add stars and your name doesn't have to be involved. It's fine with me if ya want to be anonymous, he he! Please, give it a try and you will be letting me know which direction to take with my blog. I am trying to make it better!

Sassy's Schooner Saga: My Blog:
   My title, listed above is truly a saga, a long story of where we have been and where we wish to go. I know this is a blog about Rving Half Time, and lately I haven't written very much about Rving. In order to get to the good stuff sometimes you have to follow a path in a round a bout way. Since this blog is about our lives, some everyday things need to be included. We will get to the Rving, and the good stuff as soon as we can, and believe me we are more than anxious to be getting our truck and fiver ready to go! I always get so excited when the cover comes off in mid or at the end of April! It takes me no time to get in there, get the slides out, and clean it up!  No, we didn't put the cover on with the inside dirty, I just like to give it a good cleaning and dusting before we start loading things back in it. When we close it up we take everything out that doesn't do well in cold temps. Then in the spring I put all my spices, cleaners, etc... back in the fiver. Being half timers we have to do this, but once we can be full timers everything will remain inside, and we'll just relocate somewhere warm. If there ends up still being such a place!  Lol!

Foot / Knitting Blurb:
   There is nothing new to report on my foot or my boredom, they are both still there! Ha ha! So this is indeed a short blurb. I have been trying knitting so we will see how that goes. I have started a small afghan to see if I can get back in the groove of knitting. I was surprised that I was able to pick up the knitting needles and do it right away after 10 years. I guess it is sorta like riding a bike huh? It is something to do, but crocheting will always be my first love. I think it is also faster to do! It may be that I am just faster at crocheting, because I have done it for so long. I have been doing it, (crocheting ) since I was 9 yrs old. I used to make clothes for my Barbie, and make up a pattern as I went!

Sun and Wind:
   The sun is shining today, and we have temps in the 50's. Although with the way the wind is blowing, I imagine it is somewhere in the high 40's with the wind chill factor. I can hear our wind chimes, making music almost constantly. I think we are having March weather, instead of April weather. Good time to go fly a kite if I could,lol! We must be about a month behind as far as Spring is concerned! Never fear though, Spring is on her way all the signs are pointing to it being so, like we have flowers  blooming. Yippee! I am not sure which kind, because I can't see them from the window. Hopefully, I can get Mike to take some pics for me for tomorrow's blog post!

WORDS:
    I have been thinking about the impact words have, as I type the words in this post.You wouldn't think words could be that much of a weapon, but I have found that sometimes they are a very sharp hurtful weapon, how about you?  Have the words that someone has said to you ever cut  into your heart so badly that you were sure there should be blood?
    I am not talking about when your child says that they don't love you, when they are mad at you. Although that hurts a great deal, but after the first time you get over it, and realize that they said it because they were mad at you, not because they wanted to hurt you. A childish way to get back at you for making them do something they didn't want to, or a punishment like time out. Every parent hears these words, and I hope, recognizes them for what they are.They usually respond with I still love you and I always will, or something to that effect. It is a child's first introduction to a parent's unconditional love for them. It will be the only time in their lives that they encounter this unconditional love. I think there is only one greater example of unconditional love than a parents love for a child. No matter what they do, how old they are you love them for their self, and you would even give your life for them if you could. That is a real unconditional love, the same thing Jesus did for us on the cross, which is the best example of unconditional love.
   Who else feels that way about another person? Even the love of a spouse is conditional, although they may learn to love you unconditionally. But then even sometimes the words of a spouse can draw unseen blood. Mostly I am talking  about adult people, who seem to take great delight in saying hurtful things to others. Have you ever heard, back handed compliments like, gee you would be really pretty if you lost some weight, or you'd look really nice if you weren't as skinny as a stick, or how about man that outfit is not for you? Do people you have been with make fun of others, people with disabilities just for the way they look, regardless if they know them or not. Regardless of the kind of person they are inside,, do we judge people always by how they look? Have you ever been with people and they tell a fat joke. I use fat joke as an example because I have always had problems with my weight, and have had many aimed at me. How about a joke making fun of somebody, did you feel offended, or did you laugh despite the way you felt? These are just some of the examples that bother me. I have been in these situations, haven't you? What do you do, do you laugh with them or do you tell them they are wrong or say nothing despite being upset about what has been said?  Are you ashamed after you think about it, and do you wish you had the courage to speak up? I have done both.
   I think this is bothering me because I see it more and more especially, since I have Grand Daughters in middle school. I know how cruel other people can be. We have all had hurtful things said to us. Kids, teens, adults it doesn't matter what stage of life they are in, things are said and done that shouldn't be. I was always aware of bullying, I was bullied as a child and have been as an adult. What do we do and how do we stop it? Do you ever get over it and the scars it leaves inside you? I feel like bullies that are kids grow up to be adult bullies! How do we stop this cycle? Do we just try to go on and wait for karma  to get them? Ya all know what they say about karma right? Why are we so mean to each other, and people we know and don't know?
   I don't know why I got on this rant, okay well maybe I do. About a month ago I had parked in a handicapped place and I put my handicapped placard in the window and got out. There was a person walking by, they looked at me and said" Gee I wish I could have a handicapped sticker for my vehicle, I don't see any disability". I got mad and I looked at them and I said, "Okay how about I trade you my Congestive  Heart Failure and my handicapped placard then you'll be able to park here", and  "I'll be happy to be able to walk without getting short of breath, and park farther away from the store". I guess try as  hard as I did to be strong, it still hurt and bothered me. They started to apologize and I just walked away, I hope they felt really small and mean! You see not all disabilities show, and making snap judgement's about people is never good for anyone! 
   I have all these questions and no answers for them. I guess I have way too much time to sit and think about stuff. As an adult, I have grown thicker skin, and the barbs other people send my way don't bother me as much sometimes. I have learned to be my own person, and I try to be nice. Now don't get me wrong, I'm no goody two shoes, I'm just as  human, with all the faults anyone else has, maybe more! As I have aged I don't worry as much about what other people think about me. I try to go on with my life and be the person it is important to me, to be. What about people who are not strong how do we protect them? There I go with my questions again I have to stop! Lol! I never intended for this post the be this serious or this long! Your eyes are probably rolling back in your head after reading all this about now!  I'm sorry this is so long, but I felt led to write about this for some reason, so I went with it. Maybe someone needed to hear it I don't know.

My Wish:
   My wish for everyone is to just be kind to each other! Do something for someone just because you want to do it. Not because you wanted to get recognition for it, maybe it will become a cycle if we have the courage to let it begin with us. Help some one with something, it doesn't have to cost money it can be as simple as opening a door for someone. If you do have extra money and want to spend money, buy the person in line behind you a cup of coffee at the coffee shop, buy someone you don't know a flower etc... I promise you it will make you feel good and it will make their day! Then maybe they will do something nice for someone else, and it will become a cycle, that is what paying it forward means.

Done:
   Good Grief, next time I get on a rant like that Someone HIT me! LOL! Here I have kept you way too long reading this, but I hope I have given everyone something to think about, and by the way if ya have any answers to my questions, Please answer them for me! Then my poor brain won't get so fried  with all this thinking.  I wouldn't want it to explode ya know! Ha ha! Time for me to say Ta Ta for now, safe travels, and keep moovin' down the highway!  I'll see ya's ...







   

1 comment:

Tumbleweed Dee said...

It's so great seeing you post again. I'm hoping we see you in our travels this year so I'll watch the direction you take.

I just got back into crocheting and loving it. I'm now a grandma, so guess it fits. It didn't take much just like you said it's like riding a bike, you don't forget.

Great blog!