About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Just Random Thoughts

Bored:
   I was so bored today I was looking for things that I could do from my chair! I cleaned out the drawers in my end table and dusted it. My laptop got completely cleaned and wiped off, I think it is as clean as it was when it came out of the box!  I held my big lap puppy, while she took an hour nap! While she did that I was reading the Dog Whisperer's book, and it was telling me I shouldn't do that ha ha! Boy are they in for a rude awakening when I get back on my feet! Until then I'll try to get as many tips as I can to use in the war between us and them. I know it will be a war as stubborn as they are, and I am just as stubborn. I hope I will be the victor rather than turning tail and going down in defeat, because right now they are winning the war! Okay, as Cesar Milan says, saying that I hope I can train them is setting myself up for failure, don't try, Do It! See the result in your mind that you want to happen, and calmly make it happen. Mind over matter right? Gee, do I sound like a groupie? Ha ha!  I am impressed with his way of handling dogs, but I am sure he is much more strict than I will ever be! His methods do seem to work though. Okay enough of dog talk. Lol!

Foot Blurb:
   The pain gets a little less everyday, and I am hopeful that I can decrease the Vicodin by one pill sometime this weekend. I think the more time that passes the harder it is going to be for me to sit still. You can only read and be on the computer so much before your eyes give out!  End of blurb.

Music:
   Today I have been listening to one of the Music Choice channels on cable: Solid Gold Oldies. They have played some good songs today, and it has been good background noise. When we are traveling we have satellite radio. It should be about ready to start back up. We usually suspend it in November and start it back up in the Spring. We even take turns every other day, one day we will listen to the 60's for me, and the next day we listen to the 80's for him. I think it is funny, Mike is older than me and he likes the 80's music. I like the music from the era that he mostly grew up in the 50's and  the 60's. In 1964 I was 10, I am really telling you my age now, and I guess I grew up in that era too. I really don't like much of the music from the later years 70's, 80's and 90's. Although I did listen to it some when I was in school. From the time I was 11 or 12, I have followed the group, Herman's Hermits. They are my favorite band, and I still go to concerts to see him. The lead singer, Herman is  Peter Noone, and he is still doing concerts at the age of 65. Believe it or not he still sounds the same, he hasn't lost his voice like some of the singers from that era. I was able to see them at the Ohio State Fair back in 1968 or 69 for the first time. I have seen many of their concerts since then.  Songs like " I'm Henry the Eighth, Mrs Brown You've Got  a Lovely Daughter, and There's a Kind of a Hush are some of their recordings.They outsold the Beatles in records one year! Yeah records, ya know those big things we used to buy songs on, before Cd's and instant downloads. Ha ha! As Herman always says, "Everything was bigger in the 60's". Lol! His new band, Herman's Hermits, staring Peter Noone  is going to be playing at The Fraze Pavilion in Kettering,
Ohio in June. I will be going to the concert, it is only about 30 minutes from me. I am a lifetime member of his Fan Club. They really put on a good show and I am really looking forward to the show!  You can't go to one of their concerts and leave at the end without a smile on your face. I really am and have always been a groupie to this band, Ha ha!  Well, what should I talk about next, do I really have any more random thoughts? I guess I do, so here goes.

Knitting Maybe:
   I have been unable to crochet for the last 2 years because of the arthritis in my hands. I think I will see if I can hold some knitting needles. The grip you use on knitting needles is different than you use on a crochet hook. It is a much looser grip, and I might be able to manage it, if  I can remember how to knit. I haven't knitted in probably 10 years. Crocheting was one of my favorite things to do, I used to do it all the time. I have a bunch of crochet pattern books, and not one knitting book. I wonder if I can find a how to knit web site on the computer to refresh my memory, and some afghan patterns to keep me from going crazy. I already have a gazillion skeins of yarn,so I think I will see if I can find something on the computer tomorrow. I have started taking a new medication for my arthritis prescribed by my rheumatologist, and if I am lucky I may be able to to crochet again if the medication works. So I think I will hang on to my crochet hooks and patterns for awhile, and maybe I will once again get to be a happy hooker,(pun intended) but it means crocheter not the other definition, ha ha! Come on now get your mind out of the gutter! He he! 

Final Thoughts:
   See my title for this post is apt, what a bunch of random thoughts I have running around in my head. I guess I have too much time on my hands to think. Lol! I just have a lot of things on my mind and nothing I can do physically to take my mind off of them. I am going to get this posted and quit rambling, I hope I will be able to get my thoughts together better for my next post. So be kind to one another, and always pay it forward, it will be good for everyone! Until next time...





No comments: