About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Good Dr. Visit / Found Another Great Quote

Dr.Visit:
   I had a good Dr. visit this afternoon. I got my first look at my new foot. I figured it would look like a rat had chewed on it or something lol, but it looks really good. I didn't like looking at the pin going into my foot, it is really long and it creeps me out!  The big toe is nice and straight, and the big bunion is gone! It was quite a shock to see it like that after looking at it the other way all my life. I didn't have it done for cosmetic reasons though, I had trouble walking with all the arthritis in the big toe joint and the way my big toe was angled over like this \ , only the angle was much worse.The new look is just a side benefit, but a pleasant one! I still do not like feet, but I guess since I gotta have them to walk they might as well look better too! Ha ha! That's the good news, the bad news is I have another 5 weeks that I can't put any weight on my left foot! Pity party for me ha ha, but most important don't forget Mike, he has to do almost everything for me, and the work around the house too! The right foot is almost as bad as the left one was, but there is NO WAY I am going to have it done until fall or after the first of next year! As long as I can walk without too much pain, I will wait as long as I can to get the other one done!  Mike also hinted that he will put me in a nursing home to heal when I get the next one done lol, is he kidding or not, ha ha your guess is as good as mine! Does this mean I am a bad  patient? Probably, and I'm not sure right now that I am ready to take that chance!  Ha ha! Next week I get the stitches out, but that dang pin has to stay in for another 4 to 5 weeks! Okay that was a long blurb this time, the rest will be short. So the countdown has begun, 5 weeks as of tomorrow ! Wish me luck, I think I am going to need it.

Good Quote:
   I found another great quote on Facebook today, and I think it is very similar to my favorite quote that I have mentioned a few times here. If you remember my favorite is: " Life is like a blank canvas, made for you to add the colors". This one says: "Life is not like a written book you can pick up and read, it is like a journal waiting for you to fill the pages". They are both good  and remind me of the movie, Forrest Gump and his quote, " Life is like a box of chocolates, ya never know what you're gonna get". As I said they sound alike and, they mean about the same thing to me. I don't know who said them, so I can't begin to give credit to either person. I believe they were both very deep thinkers, and understood a great deal about life. Meaning you get out of life what you put into it, the way you live your life adds the words to the page, and the colors to the canvas! Words and colors can both paint pictures in your mind. No I'm not  a hippie or a flower child tripping on anything, unless you count the Vicodin I am taking for pain he he! Kidding aside it  is not that great of a drug, it hasn't added any pretty colored  words or pictures to my mind! Maybe if I took more than was prescribed (which I don't ) it might. I think I'd rather trip  (figure of speech) on my own life more than a drug induced fantasy. There is something about reality that I think would be better than trying to stay high on other stuff all the time, not to mention I hope reality isn't as dangerous as drugs! You would get bored, I think pretty quickly if everything was always good or bad all the time.  Without ups and downs there would be nothing in life to build character from.  How you learn about mistakes, and joy is by living through them. Okay that is enough psychology, and I don't have a license to practice so no more deep thinking for me. Lol! 

Weddings:
   Gosh, I can't believe it 3 of the kids that I had in my Day Care from the time they were little are getting married this Spring and Summer! Talk about something that really makes ya feel old!  Funny how I still think of them as the little ones they were when I took care of them. Even though I know in reality that they are all grown up, it was still a shock to me when I got the invitations! We'll have to plan our Rv trips around the weddings at least through June, because I wouldn't miss them for the world!  Two of the kids are already married and have their own little ones now. Time flew  by while we were busy trying to live our lives, they were busy growing up and becoming adults too. Sad for me but also exciting, a bittersweet pill for me to swallow.  What was is no longer, but what is, is an exciting new road to follow now on the fringes on their lives. I am happy that they all have good memories of me, and the times they spent in my Day Care, I loved them like they were my own! I could not have given them any greater gift than that, they had my time, my patience ( which was much more then, than it is now) and I made it fun for them. So fun sometimes I had trouble getting them to go home, but that was okay too, and their parents didn't mind sharing them with me! They knew they were safe and loved. I actually got to do something I loved and I got paid for it, how many people can say that!

Time Got Away From Me:
   Time for me to finish this post! It has gotten long, and I talked about stuff that was 180 degrees from what I planned  to talk about! Somehow that always happens when I start to write this! Oh well, most of the time I am not at a loss for words! Lol! I guess that is good. So see ya's soon...


No comments: