About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter:
   In my world, He has Risen and I hope you have a blessed Day! There are celebrations all over the world today because Jesus has risen! Whether you celebrate this or not I'm sure it has had some impact upon your life at one time or another, I know it did on mine.  Whether you go to church or just get together with friends and family it is a day for celebrating. Why? Because Jesus died for our sins! We have everlasting life through him. I think you can have your religion and enjoy the idea of the Easter Bunny at the same time, as long as the  emphasis is made between the two. My kids always had Easter Baskets, and my Grand Kids have always gotten an Easter Basket from us. The idea of the Easter Bunny is for kids, like Santa, and I think they should be told what happened so long ago on Christmas, and on Easter Sunday. I think they should make their own decision once they are adults what their religion is, and what they want to believe. I think they still need direction and for someone to be a role model for them in whatever you practice. That is just my opinion, but I believe everyone has the right to choose what they want to believe. To me religion and politics are subjects that are personal and should not be force fed to others. So this is about the most you will ever see on my blog about religion. I wish you Love, Peace, and many Blessings on this Holy Day!  If I had one wish to ask for I would ask for everyone to Pray for these things, and remember to Thank God for his blessings. I wish you enough, which is somewhere in the middle of what you need, and what you want!  A good balance in life I think!

My Foot:
   My foot is doing better each day, now that I am on top of the pain. This pain is different from having a joint replaced. The only way I can describe this pain is like someone is snapping a rubber band against your foot. It is a sharp sting and is annoying when it hits. My doctor said that the pain would lessen a lot after today, so lets hope so. I guess 4 days makes a big difference. So that is the blurb for today about my foot. I'm sure before too long I will just let it go and not mention it. I imagine you are reaching your limit about it, and getting as bored with the subject as I am. Needless to say I can't wait for this 6 weeks to be over!

Yesterday:
   Yesterday was a beautiful day, with sunshine and warm temps here in Ohio. Today is kinda gloomy with clouds and some rain. Did you ever hear the saying, that if it rains on Easter Sunday it will rain 7 Sunday's in a row?  I have seen it happen, but I don't know if that is the reason, or just an old saying that I heard my Grandmother say. I always think of that when it rains on Easter though. You can be sure if it does rain on Easter, that I always count each Sunday to see if it happens or if the cycle is broken! Lol!

Avon:
   I have to come up with my first Avon order on April 9th, and I have yet to figure out how to link my Avon account here on my blog. I think I should have waited until I was more mobile to start with Avon. I may have to suspend it for a while until I get back on my feet.  We'll have to see.

Snowbirds:
   Some of you snowbirds are getting ready to hitch up, and start your travels again! Do you always go back to the same place for the winter, or do you change places to keep it interesting?  Whatever you do I'm sure you are starting to get a bad case of hitch itch, and are getting ready to roll!  Here's wishing you safe travels as you go out on the highways and byways of your nomadic lifestyle.  I guess half timing is not so different from full timing if you stop and think about it. Full timers stop traveling for the Winter and stay somewhere kind of warm. Us half timers haven't given up our sticks and bricks house, and we spend the Winter at home despite the cold Winter.  Probably complaining a lot more than you full timers!  Ha ha! Such is life huh, we can't always be happy and it does give us something to look forward to, and dream about: Full timing for us!

End:
   It is now time to end this post for today, so  Happy Easter again, and God Bless! I hope you have safe, and happy travels even if it is only to work and back.  So until the next time I sit down with my laptop and talk to ya, see ya's...




1 comment:

Tumbleweed Dee said...

Great blog I couldn't have said it any better.

We're on the way North to Maine on April 10, only one and half weeks. I'm ready to go!

I used to sell Avon, spent more then made, but sure ad fun with it. Good luck.