About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Friday, March 29, 2013

Getting Better I Think !

Today:
   Last night and today was a little rough pain wise, but I think I am on top of it now. I hope my Vicodin holds out, LOL!  Lets hope it continues to do the job and keep the pain at bay. My doctor ordered me a knee walker, it looks like a scooter. You put your knee on the seat and push with the other foot. It is so much easier to use then the crutches!  I was so shaky on the crutches!  I had used crutches for about 4 years, but I was always able to put my foot down before.  With this surgery I had to keep my left foot up, and the hopping, jerking motion was killing my knee and hip. I was so unstable that I was afraid that I was going to fall. I can't believe the difference this little knee walker had made in me getting around!  I get to keep it until the doctor releases me to walk on my foot. What a relief!  So enough about that, I will do a little blurb on my progress each time I post, and that will be all.

Good Friday:
   Happy Good Friday Everyone!  I saw a cartoon on Facebook yesterday that said, "Silly Rabbit, Easter is for Jesus!" How true!  I won't get into religion on my blog, because I believe that everyone is entitled to their own way to worship. Having said that, I think Easter and Christmas has been commercialized so much that sometimes we forget the reason for the holiday.  Don't get me wrong, I don't have any problems with Santa or the Easter Bunny, I just think they have taken it too far with them. All the manufacturers have tried to push Jesus to the back burner, and that is just wrong, in my opinion! I hope I didn't step on any toes by saying that, but this is my blog and I stand by my right to speak my feelings!

Sleep Study For Mike:
   Mike has a second sleep study tonight, what a way to spend a Friday night! Ha ha! The first sleep study he had showed that he has sleep apnea. So tonight  they will hook him up to a CPAP machine and get it calibrated for him  to bring home in the morning. After that he will use it at night when he is ready to go to sleep. I hope that this will help with him being so tired all the time. Lets face it, when ya wake up all night long because you quit breathing for short periods of time, you're bound to be tired, and cranky the next day! It is also very scary to think that he is not breathing right during the night! So wish him luck finally being able to get a decent nights sleep!

Heat Wave:
   We're havin' a heat wave a tropical heat wave! Lol! We actually got up to 54 degrees today and the sun was shining!  I think I will end here on that positive note. So where ever you are be sure to add some colors to the canvas of your life, until we meet again...






No comments: