About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Cartoon, Funny (not) / Dentist Visit / With a Little Whine Thrown in for Good Measure!

Photo: OK. Here's another funny one circulating around Facebook.                                 


Cartoon:
   This was on Facebook, yesterday.  I think someone was very clever, and has a good attitude, and a good sense of humor about this! To me loading Spring was an Epic Fail! Lol! Not too funny for me you understand, I want Spring, NOW! Hopefully this will be big bad Winter's last hurrah! That bad 4 letter word for cold white stuff, has already started here in Ohio.  It has been doing that for about 2 hours and we're supposed to get about 5 to 9 inches of the stuff.  As you can see I refuse to even type the word, let alone say it!  I went to Meijer's yesterday and picked up a few things just to have on hand, just in case we had a craving for something!  Probably for something I didn't get ha ha! I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow at 8:20 a.m. and I am wondering if I will be able to get there.  I'm thinking if we get that much white, cold stuff they might close Wright Patterson Air Force Base down for the day.  I can only remember them doing that maybe a few times, and we have lived here since December 1973! The stuff falling from the sky seems to be stopping for now.  I am going to hope for the best, but I'm sure you'll hear about it from me if the base closing happens.  LOl! I better go get some cheese to go with my whine, as I seem to be complaining about it a lot! ;(

Dentist Visit:
   I don't know about you, but when Mike goes to the dentist ya know it is bad !  He almost has to be pulled kicking and fighting all the way. So if he is willing to go, ya know he is in pain, otherwise he would live with it!  He almost has to be numbed just for a cleaning, his teeth are really sensitive! Yesterday Mike went to the dentist, he had to get a wisdom tooth pulled out. There goes all his wisdom ha ha!  He had already had a root canal on it, so it had to be pulled. It wasn't worth trying to save again, as the cavity was below the gum line. That was another reason I went to the store yesterday,so I could get Mike some soft stuff to eat because he will have trouble chewing on that side of his jaw for a while.  So soup check, Cream of Wheat check, mashed potatoes check. Yes, I buy mashed potatoes! Bob Evans original are really good, and just the right size for us. They are really nice to keep on hand, especially for someone who needs something soft to eat for like a tooth being pulled, or for an upset tummy they are bland enough for them to try to eat. I usually add a bit of butter, and some salt and pepper.  Then I don't have to peel the potatoes which I have always hated doing, and I always made way too many!  Only 3 minutes in the microwave, stir, and 3 more minutes back in the microwave. When the bell rings, Ta Da  they are Done! They are awesome and ready to eat, fast and convenient and no dealing with left overs!  Sounds like I am doing a commercial for them right? Ha ha!  Anyway they are good,  you should try them if ya like mashed potatoes, and who doesn't, I think they are the original comfort food. They also have mashed sweet potatoes which are very good too. I usually add some cinnamon and a bit of brown sugar to them, but that is just us, they are good plain too. Okay the commercial for Bob Evans is over! Ha ha!

Dog Whisperer Book:
   I am about half way through the first book of Cesar Milan's  titled, Cesar's Way.  So far just about everything we have done is wrong according to this book.  A lot of the things he is saying makes sense and it is just using common sense dealing with a dog.  Do you humanize your pet?  I have found out we do!  His main thing is that we think we can talk to our pets, and they will understand what we are saying.  Evidently this is a big misconception! I have found out our dogs are not ready to make their appearance in society! Lol! They are not socialized correctly if what I'm reading is anything to go by. Their big thing / bad behavior is when someone comes to our house, and walking properly on a leash. I have been unable to stop them jumping up on people, so that is why I decided to try the Dog Whisperer's methods. Let's face it, when a dog that weighs 50 to 60 pounds jumps up on you it can knock you down, not to mention it hurts! I'm sure it isn't going to work as fast as it does on his show! Lol! Wish me luck trying his methods, I know it is going to take time, much repetition, and discipline on my part!  If I can get it I know the dogs will, they are pretty smart!

That Time:
   Well now it is time for me to post this and get something  done, meaning I'm probably going to play a game on my laptop!  He he!. Once again I haven't said anything about RVing! Frankly, with the way the weather is, I'm wondering if we are going to be doing anything soon.  But, you know me,  being the forever optimistic person I am, I am going to make some reservations for the first week of May probably this coming Thursday or Friday!  There, Winter be gone, we have had enough of you.  You are not welcome here so take off!
Meanwhile, that white stuff is again falling from the sky!   The wind has picked up considerably because I can hear our wind chimes almost constantly. Well wherever you are I hope you are warm, safe, happy, and moovin' down the road of  your life's highway!  See ya next time...

   




No comments: