About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Playin' around With the Blog / Guess What ?

Fonts: Arial
   I am going to type a few sentences in each font to see which one I like, so please bear with me.
Courier:
   I thought I would play with the font settings on here today, so I hope you aren't too bored while I do it.
Georgia:
   I'd like to see which one would be the easiest one to read.
Helvecta:
   So far I can't make up my mind which would be the best one!
Times:  
   Which one would you pick to use on your blog?
Trebouchet:
   My eyes are going bonkers with all these different fonts, are yours?
Verdana:
   I don't think that I really like this one so I guess I can cross this one off.

Winner:
   Can you tell which one is the winner by the type? I think I will try this one for a few days, it isn't as formal as the rest, but if you don't like it please let me know! And the winner is: Courier, at least for today! Ha ha! I want to keep this blog kind of laid back like I am, but we'll see. This may be too informal. This one seems to take up more space than the regular one I've been using which was the Arial. Nope, I don't think it is gonna be this one after all!

Next:
   This one is Georgia. I will try it for a while. I like it better than courier. It isn't as big and doesn't take up as much space. It will probably end up going back to the original one, and that will be weird. Lol! The one I had been using was Arial as I said above. Sometimes it takes a few tries to get comfortable with things. This one seems to be a bit smaller than the courier, but still bigger than I am used to.

Last Time:
   Last time I promise, this will be the one, it is called times. Yes, I definitely like this one better. Sorry for all the changes in the programing! Oh well, it seems like I am almost back where I started. Only this one is smaller than arial. For the rest of this post I will stick with this one. However, I make no promises about the next post! Lol!

Guess What:
   Today, I managed to ride my my knee walker out onto the deck and sit in the porch swing for about a half hour. I propped my foot on the seat of the knee walker. The sun was shining and it was about 72 degrees today. I say if only it could be 72 year round I'd be happy, Mike says I'd still find something to complain about!  That's what being married almost 41 years will get ya! No sympathy at all! Lol! It was very nice and relaxing for awhile, that is until I tried to get up! I didn't think about not being able to get up with the swing moving. It was not pretty, Mike had to hold the walker against the swing so it wouldn't move. Otherwise I had nothing to push against with my good foot in order to get up. Next time, I will just sit in a chair on the deck, no movement, and it has arms for me to use to push myself up with! I really enjoyed being outside though! It did me a lot of good mentally just to get out of the house for a little while.

Foot Blurb:
   The foot is doing well, but I can't say the same for my knees! I may have to use the wheel chair for the next few days because my knees are taking the brunt of the pressure using the knee walker. After having had both my knees replaced, it hurts to put a lot of pressure on them. So I have pressure on the left one pushing down on the cushion of the knee walker, and the right knee is holding up the rest of my body. Ouch!! Lol! They really were sore last night, so if I can get through the rest of the day, tomorrow I will use the wheel chair to give my knees a break for a few days. Sometimes there s just no happy medium for me, so I have to change it up every so often.

Dogs:
   Lilly and Bella enjoyed today also, we left the door open, and they were able to go in and out at  their leisure. Good for them, turns out not so good for us. I actually had a mosquito land on me and try to bite me! I am happy to say he didn't succeed, ya see it kinda had an accident, and somehow got flattened against my arm. Ha ha! Hey, it was her or me and I won!  I'll keep my blood thank you! Made me feel good to be able to at least do that for myself !Lol! Then Mike had to chase down several flies who saw the open door, and thought they were invited to come in for a visit! The nerve of them! Ha ha!  I didn't know the little buggies were out yet, since it has been so cold here. 

Getting Dark:
   It is now 8:10 p.m. here in Ohio, and it is just now starting to get dark, with just a little daylight left. The Grand Daughters go back to school tomorrow from being on Spring break, only Spring wasn't here for the break. They had  1/2 day of almost warm weather yesterday to be outside in, and were lucky enough to get a full day today. Back to the grind for them tomorrow, but they only have about a month and a half of school left. 
   So since it is starting to get dark now my thoughts have turned to getting this posted. I seem to be getting later each time I post. Gonna have to speed it up, but the way I am looking at it, at least I am back to posting regular again! So that is good for me, maybe not so good for you. He he! Hope you have had a great day where ever  you are in your journey! I'll be seein' ya's soon, no that is not a threat, it is a promise so count on it! Until next time...



No comments: