About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

Tuesday:
   Today I ventured out, and got my hair done. Just a wash and blow dry/flat iron, but boy does it feel better! Don't know how much longer I will be able to stand the sponge baths until I can stand in the shower. Anyway my hair is clean and silky again. I know I can't use the shower until the pin comes out of my foot, so it will probably be sponge baths for the next 4 weeks. Dang it, oh well I will just have to suck it up and deal with it! It will be something to look forward to, being able to get a real shower again! Tomorrow it will be 2 weeks since my surgery! Using the wheel chair has helped my knees feel better, so I will continue to do that, and use the knee walker when I go to the bedroom and out of the house. That is all that I am going to say today about my foot.

New Neighbors:Lol!
   We had new neighbors move in about a week and a half ago. Unfortunately, they moved into our eaves. Two pairs of birds, are now nesting in the eaves of our house! Lol! I don't really like it when the birds use the eaves of our house to nest, but I would never evict them like some people do. Hopefully, we can prevent them from using it for a second clutch of eggs. Once we finish putting the new vents and vinyl eave covering up later this summer they won't be able to move in, and be squatters on us next Spring! Ha ha! They may have to find a new address next year, or actually use trees! Now, there is a novel idea, huh? I guess we'll find out if we're here for next winter.

Fiver:
   Yippee! The cover is off the fiver! Mike and Jamie,(our oldest son) took it off today! He wanted to get it off before it rained, cos it takes about 2 weeks to dry out after a rain. It might cause mildew on it if ya put it away wet. It is supposed to be mildew proof, but ya never know, and we would like it to last as long as possible. Those darn things aren't cheap!

The Beast:
   The Beast,(our truck) got 2 new batteries today! Her motor runs much smoother, but alas, the battery light came back on! I guess that means she wants a new alternator now! You'd think 2 new batteries would have made her happy! Whatever the Beast needs she gets, we're hopeful that if we treat her good, and keep her properly outfitted she'll last a long time! We must have the only truck that thinks she's a Diva! Lol! I think she'll probably get her way too, can we say she is gonna be spoiled and pampered? He he! I guess if she continues to pull the fiver with no problems, it's okay if she is the Diva Beast! Ha ha!

Beautiful Day:
   Believe it or not, today it reached the 80 degree mark! Wow! I sat outside for a bit after we got home from my hair appointment today, but I sat in a chair with much better results than the swing the other day! I was able to get up with no problems from the chair.
   Could it be that Spring has made her way back to Ohio? I hope so, I even saw a few Forsythia bushes blooming on our drive today! So Spring is close, although I still have yet to see a Robin! Things are looking up around here! Usually when it gets warm, that is a motivation to me to get outside and start doing yard work! I may have to pass for awhile this year, and it's gonna be very hard for me to just sit by and watch! I may have to sit on my hands as well as stay off my feet! Lol! Wait a minute, I just heard the music from, dare I say it, the ICE CREAM TRUCK! They must be taking advantage of the nice day. When the kids I had in my Day Care,saw it, I told them it was the music truck, so I wouldn't have to buy them all ice cream. Ha ha! Don't ya know their parents went and ruined it for me? They came back the next day and told me that it was an ice cream truck cos, their parents bought them ice cream from it! Lol! Sometimes young parents just don't know when to keep their mouth shut,I could have saved them a lot of money, if they had just went along with it! Ha ha!
    Okay, enough for today,I will close here because I think I may have to go back and sit on the deck for a little while! It's just too nice to pass up! So until next time friends...

No comments: