About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Friday, April 12, 2013

Baby, It's Cold Outside / C-PAP / Night Visitor !

Still Cold:
   Wow, it was 40 degrees when I got up this am! I feel like we need to have chili or spaghetti for dinner. I think I need to go back into hibernation!  I imagine I will turn my electric blanket on tonight, it is supposed to be in the low 30's. We want 70's again ASAP! Lol!  I know Spring is almost here, because our Forsythia bush is blooming now! Usually when it blooms, we have a couple of cold snaps with cool temps, then it warms up and stays warm. So nice weather will be here soon! See I'm being positive!  You thought I was going into my whine again, didn't you? Haha!

Sleep Apnea:
   Mike was able to go to Troy, Ohio today to get his sleep apnea machine, or his C-PAP machine, I think it is called. I hope it helps him get some good sleep from now on so he will have more pep and energy!  The first test showed that he stopped breathing 94 times during the night of the test! So you can imagine why he is tired all the time waking up that many times a night. In case ya didn't know, every time you stop breathing it wakes you up from sleeping, and that i is really bad! It can cause stress, irritability, tiredness,and depression. I am glad that they finally got him diagnosed, and I hope the machine helps him rest. I also hope that the machine doesn't interfere with my rest! Hehe! I guess I'll find out how noisy it is tonight! Haha!  Maybe it will be an even trade off, since he won't be snoring anymore! Lol! If it helps him be more like himself, more relaxed, and with more energy I will deal with a little noise! I'm sure I'll get used to it after a little while.

Night Visitor:
   Last night we had a little visitor. Mouse Alert! It wasn't Mickey Mouse either!  I actually saw a little mouse run across the floor, and under my dresser! Yikes! That is really strange after not having any all Winter. Now in April we have a mouse? No,no,no,no!  I am afraid,that he will not be checking out of this hotel! Sorry, if you all are animal lovers, but I will not live with mice running free in the house, would you? So I think he is going to go check into mouse heaven. Pets are one thing, but I don't like wild critters in the house. Our boys had all kinds of pets as children. We had our fair share of iguanas, mice, gerbils, turtles, snakes, and even a tarantula. (That lived for 10 years!) The difference was they were all in cages, not running loose in the house!  I assure you if we could catch this little mouse in a cage then we would release it. It must have found a way in, that we missed when we fixed any holes we found last fall. Now we'll have to go searching for more holes. So cue the axe music from cartoons,( dum da dum dum) cos we're gonna play a little game of Mouse Trap. Sorry just a little sick humor!

    Time for me to get this blog posted, so all of ya that are traveling, keep the pedal to the medal as you travel down the road, and stay safe! Until next time...

















No comments: