About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Monday, May 12, 2008

SHORT TRIP

Short Trip:
ON Saturday afternoon we decided to bring the trailer down to my brothers in Circleville (Ohio) We we're surprised at how light the traffic was on a weekend. The trip was very laid back and easy. Gas was at $3.59 a gal in Springfield (Ohio) and, it was $3.79 a gal in Chillicothe. So far that is the highest we have seen it!

My Brother's:
This time at my brother's house we have a different place to park the fiver. He fixed a place up in the back yard for us. We have water, electric, and road runner! He put a mat on the grass so we wouldn't track grass in, put a glider and, a picnic table out for us too! I told him not to make it too nice of a spot ,or he'd be stuck with us until the RV Dreams Rally in June. Haha! It is nicer than the spot we had at Alum Creek State Park in Columbus! He said to just wait until I got the bill! Said with the amenities he was giving me he should be able to charge me $40.00 a night! I told him, forget it we'll go to a state park! As you can see my younger brother , and I go back and forth all the time just teasing each other! On Friday we're all going to go to Old Man's Cave State Park for the week end. They will take their travel trailer and we'll take the fiver, should be alot of fun! I'll give you more details about the state park, location etc... on Thursday. I believe that all they have is electric though, but more details to follow when I get them.

Chillicothe:
The weather here seems to be in a holding pattern. Wind, rain, and thunder storms, and low to mid 50's until Thursday. To all of you out west, you really don't have to pass your weather on to us here in Ohio! Thank You anyway! LOL! When is that darn jet stream going to move up through Canada anyway? We want some warm sunny weather! I was always told don't plant tomatoes and annuals until after Mother's Day, but it's still too cold!

Happy Mother's Day:
I want to wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day, today, yes I know that Mother's Day was yesterday, but I didn't write on my blog yesterday because I was at a dinner, at my brother's house in honor of our Mom! So to all I missed, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!! I wrote my Mom a poem, so I'll put it here on my blog soon so you can all read it if ya want! Until tomorrow Friends!

No comments: