About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Friday, May 3, 2013

Beautiful Friday!

Today (Friday):
   The sun was shining today, and I was able to take two of my plants outside for the afternoon. Mike had to bring them back in for me though. I was on my feet quite a bit today, (maybe a bit too much) and by evening I had to get some ice on my very swelled foot. I put dishes away, cleaned off the island, cleaned out the sink, etc...then I walked up the street to see my friend Sue, again.  I am starting to be able to do a few more things each day. On the way back I stopped in my front yard, and picked some of my lilacs. They are my favorite flower, and I just love their scent. So it really smells good in here! I was afraid with our late Spring that I wasn't going to get any, but luckily I got quite a few.

Sue:
   Last Thursday my friend Sue, had to have some minor (she thought) facial surgery. She had a small spot on her nose that they thought might be skin cancer. Turns out it wasn't such a small spot, the Doc had to take quite a bit out, and then he didn't have enough skin left to cover the area. He had to cut a flap of skin from just below her eye, down her cheek to almost her mouth, and move it over her nose with the blood supply intact, he called it a trunk. It is very painful, and looks terrible right now. She got her stitches out yesterday from below her eye, and down to her cheek. Her doctor left the trunk alone, and he hopes it will have grown enough by next Thursday that he can finish fixing her nose.  She has quite a large hole the doctor is trying to cover up now. Good thing he is a plastic surgeon!
   I am not telling you this to gross you out, I am telling you about her experience so you don't make the same mistake she did. Sue is of Italian ancestry, and has beautiful olive skin. She never  wore sunscreen, and went tanning often. She is now convinced that is what caused her malignant skin cancer. She didn't think she needed to wear sunscreen because she never got sunburned. Even darker skinned people need to wear sun screen because they can get skin cancer too, the plastic surgeon told her. I, myself have always used sun screen because I burn very quickly if I don't, and sunburns are no fun. She is adamant about wearing it now, and not going tanning in a tanning bed ever again! I think she is very lucky to still have a lot of her nose left, and I hope her plastic surgeon can fix it to look normal again. So please, all you sun worshipers out there, wear sun screen, getting a tan isn't worth getting skin cancer! Okay, I will get off my soap box now, before I fall, and hurt my foot. Haha!  Please, all kidding aside, be safe and wear sunscreen while you are outside.

Dive Bomber:
   This morning I had a pesky fly dive bombing me from about daylight on!  Doesn't that just make ya so mad? It is so annoying, and irritating to be woke up that way repeatedly.  I never wanted a fly swatter so bad in my life! I wanted to commit fly- a- cide very badly! Haha! When I got up, I tried to kill every fly I could find very gleefully! Lol! I felt like I had to get back at the stupid pests, for waking me up so early. I did get quite a few of them, and I hope that I don't have the same problem in the morning!  You can bet if I do, that I will be on a little bombing mission of my own, only I will use a fly swatter! Kind of a revenge rampage on the insect world, so look out all of you dive bombing flies, I'm gonna get ya!

Night Night:
   I think I will post this so I can go to bed. I think I need to put ice on my foot again for a while. I hope ya have a great Saturday wherever ya are and that you are enjoying life to the fullest! Good night friends, family, and all our Rving Buddies. Until next time...

No comments: