About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Monday, April 29, 2013

Two In One / Monday and Sunday !

Monday:
   Today is Monday, and it is kinda cloudy with  little teases of sun here and there, but not very many. It is 63 degrees here so far. I wish the Jet Stream would hurry up and go North up into Canada, so we would have some warm days. The birds are busy chirping though, regardless whether the sun is shining or not. There is not much going on today, it is just kind of a blah day here in Ohio. I imagine it will warm up a little more today as the afternoon goes on, at least that is what I am hoping. The sun being out sure makes a difference whether it is a warm 63 or a chilly 63, and right now there is no sun, so it is sorta of a chilly 63 degrees. My doctor appointment is finally tomorrow at 10:30 a.m.  We'll get ready and go and be there all of about 10 minutes and turn around and come back home. Talk about exciting, just can't wait lol!  I hope, I at least get some good news in that 10 minutes, like I don't know, maybe I can walk using my crutches, that would be good! It would certainly make me happy! I wouldn't feel so limited that way.


Sunday:
Yesterday, Sunday was kinda rainy, and a little chilly. The rain seems to have stopped, but I haven't seen any sun. One of Charli's,(our 2 1/2 year old Grand Daughter) favorite songs is "Oh Mr Sun, Sun, Mr Golden Sun, please shine down on me", from Barney,the famed purple dinosaur.  Come On Mr Sun, push those clouds outta the way! We could sure use some of that sunshine, I hope maybe we'll see it again soon.! Not quite a Pleasant Valley Sunday kind of day today. I hope those kind of Sunday's will be here again soon!

Words:
   Did you know words can be a weapon, just as surely as a knife? Words you say to others, and words others say to you, can cut just as deep as a knife. Many people say things they don't mean, and don't stop to think about the impact they can have on the person they were said to. Some people just don't care, and others simply didn't think before they opened their mouth. Even the inflection we use can make a difference in how words are taken by the recipient. I have often just sat while in a group and listened to conversation flowing around me. You can hear some things that can really make you angry, or things that can make you sad. I have even felt sorry for the person saying those words and wondered what their motivation for saying them was. Too many times I have been on the end of those words, either saying them, or having said them to someone. How about you? There are so many things I have said as an adult, that I wish I could take back, and that I am so sorry ever came out of my mouth! Then there are lots of things that have been said to me that I would rather had not been said. Does it make you stronger, when you hear stuff like that, or does it make you want to curl up in a ball and hide? With me it has done both. I have no idea why I am talking about this right now, other than it has been on my mind for a couple of days. One of my Grand Daughter's is having some trouble with a few bully's right now, most of them boys. She is at that age where it really bothers her. I wish I had some words of wisdom to give her to make her feel better. She is a strong girl, and is doing her best trying to deal with it, and not be rude back to them. I'm afraid if I saw  or heard them, my Grandma claws would come out! I wish I could protect her, and all of them from anything, and anyone who hurts them! I am so Proud of her for not bringing herself down to their level! My Grand Daughters are always teaching me new things about grace under pressure.

Writing:
   Today has been a hard day for me to find something to write about in my head. My brain seems to have shut down my thought process for some reason. That is odd, cos usually I have plenty that I can write about. I guess it feels lazy today. I think I will say Adios  now and hopefully it will be functioning better tomorrow. I'll see ya's then...











1 comment:

Tumbleweed Dee said...

Don't feel bad about writing. Some days ya just have to keep it simple. lol

Just wanted to let you know someone is still reading, and will continue. Good to have you blogging again.