About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Sunny Tuesday / Doctor Visit !

Sunny:
   Today is a beautiful day! It is 70 degrees, and sunny. The awning is out on the fiver! I opened it so it could dry out and it would not mildew. Did ya catch that, "I" opened it. That means I got  to use my crutches today. Actually all I did was push a button, but it sure felt good to be able to do that! I was able to go up the steps, and into the fiver without too much pain. I didn't open the slides, because Mike had to put the battery back in the fiver first. So he has it hooked up to the charger right now. Maybe tomorrow!

Doctor Appointment:
   My appointment with the Doc went great! He said I can start putting weight on my foot while using my crutches! I was really glad to hear that! He was pleased with my progress, and the way my foot is healing. He said the swelling would continue to go down, but it was much less than he expected already. So after trying my crutches out, there was a little pain, but what surprised me the most was how weak and shaky I am. I will have to find my balance again, but I am on the right track. It felt good to be standing, even for a little while, but the doctor cautioned me not to overdo the walking the first few days. I have walked a little bit today, and my foot is swelling some. I think ice is gonna be my new best friend for the next few days. It is hurting a little, so (according to the Doc pain will be my guide) I'm gonna take it easy the rest of the day until I walk to the bedroom tonight. I don't want it to start throbbing any worse than it is right now. If I can keep the pain to a minimum I'll be happy.

Avon:
   I got my Avon order sorted out and bagged already, so I want to get it delivered tomorrow. Remember if you want to order any Avon from me you can go to my site, pay with  your credit card, and it will be shipped directly to you. This link will take you to my Avon site. 

http://www.youravon.com/krisw32154  

So far I don't have many customers, but I am hopeful that I will get more soon.Thank you in advance if you place an order with me.

SAD or Spring Fever:   
   It is amazing the difference there is when the sun shines vs when it isn't. The birds are chirping, you can hear dogs out barking, lawn mowers running etc...It's a bright and beautiful day, and people just naturally seem to be in a better mood when the sun is shining. There is a disorder called SAD- Seasonal Affective Disorder. Maybe that is what we actually have when we have Spring Fever. SAD is characterized, by depression, sleeping more, and moodiness. You can have SAD in any of the seasons though not just the Spring, yes even in the Summer. Maybe Spring Fever is a mild form of this disorder. When I have Spring Fever I get antsy, and want to get outside and do stuff. Like clean up the yard, paint, plant flowers, and make improvements to the house and yard etc... I do get kinda down when the sun doesn't shine, but I wouldn't classify it as depression. As long as the weather is warm, I even like a good thunder storm once in a while. I like to smell the air after a rain, it just smells so fresh, and clean. I also love to take pictures of the sky, and cloud formations during a thunder storm, before it starts raining, of course! Lol! I have no doubt you'll see a few of those pictures here sometime this Summer. I would like to say that Spring is officially here, but I wonder.  Will we get any more low temps and frost before then? My parents and grand parents would never plant anything until after Mother's Day in May. I usually never take my house plants outside until then, cos I don't want to loose any of them. When I bring them in in the Fall, the front of the house always looks so bare. I am always glad to get them back outside in May, cos they do so much better out in the fresh air and sunshine, so do I as a matter of fact! Haha! So is it a disorder or a fever? I have no idea! I just know I want warm weather here to stay! How about you?

Time:
   Once again time has gotten away from me. I'm gonna go put ice on my foot, so I will see ya's later...


No comments: