About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Friday, April 26, 2013

Today is the Last Friday in April !

Friday:
   Today is the last Friday in April, and it sure has been been a long month, at least to me! Probably because I haven't been able to do anything since March 27th. I also imagine the way the weather has been bouncin' all over the place in the temperature range hasn't helped. Warm one day and cold for the next 3, sorry but that just sucks big time to me! You  expect some lows in the 30's the beginning of April not near the end. It is just frustrating with the weather all over the place, and no wonder so many people are getting sick. The only good thing I can say for the weather being like this is that my allergies haven't been bothering me as much. I hope that Spring finally arrives to stay in May, but I bet Summer will arrive instead! Spring will have missed it's chance to make an appearance, and lose all it's usual glory!  What will happen is, we'll go from April's temps, to blazin' hot  temps in May! So from having the heat on, to having the air conditioning on, with no break in between! Won't that be fun!? Haha! I can't think of anything else weather wise to complain about right now, so I'll leave it at that. Haha!  At least the sun has been shining all day, it is just not very warm outside today. ;l  I hope it will be warmer tomorrow.

Whine:
   I think I am on a whine kick today, and I can't think of anything good to say today! Do you ever get that way? How do you get out of it? I think I have just been sidelined for too long! I hope when I go to my doctor appointment that I will at least be able to walk, and put a little bit of weight on my foot using crutches. I am just grumpy from being inactive for almost 5 weeks! I need something to do! I have read I don't know how many books, spent too many hours to count on this laptop, knitted,(boring & I'm not very good at it) and made a couple of corsages and, a keepsake bouquet. Of all of those things, I most enjoyed working with the silk flowers for the shower. I still have one keepsake bouquet to do, but I haven't had the chance to go get the flowers. Maybe I can sometime this weekend. I have an Avon order coming in this weekend,or on Monday, so I will have to get that sorted out, but I doubt that will take very long. So then what will I do? I'm lookin' for suggestions here, trying to keep my cool until Tuesday when I go see the Doc. I'll probably have a huge pity party if I still can't walk! I'd stomp my foot too, but that would probably hurt if I did the left one, and I can't stand on the left one so I could stomp my right one! Lol!  You can see my dilemma  here can't you? Haha! So there is your warning, if I don't get good news on Tuesday. Okay, that is enough of a rant, sorry I just had to blow off some steam! Haha!

Uplifting Note:
   On an uplifting note, (since I just had a little meltdown) I read a quote today on Facebook. I hope I wrote it down right. Here it is:

   " Keep Working, Keep Striving, Keep Believing !"
   "Things may look the same, but you are getting closer, 
   and closer to your Dreams, as long as you keep on going!"
The name on the quote was Doe Zartamata,
   I hope I spelled that right. I don't know if this is a real person or not, but I liked the sentiment of the quote. Life to me is all about the Dreams, cos if you don't have dreams to look forward to, and to work, or strive for it is pretty boring. Ya might as well be running on one of those little wheels that you buy for hamsters, cos you're never gonna get anywhere.  I know, I have to have goals, that I can work for and achieve so I know I'm getting somewhere, don't you? I don't always succeed the first time on a goal, but I eventually do get there. Sometimes I'm not as patient as I need to be, as seen by the above rant.  I will always be a work in progress, so I am always learning new things, and new ways to be. Live and learn is a good motto to have. There how'd ya like the way I turned my negative rant into something positive? Haha!  I hate being a wet blanket about things. I try to keep this blog for the most part positive,cos that's the kind of person I am, and the kind I want to be. I never miss the opportunity to complain just a little though, it keeps me normal, and not too goody goody. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Lol!

   Time for me to head to the bed. I hope where ever you are in your life, you have mostly sunny skies, with just enough rain to make you appreciate what ya have!  Safe travels to all our Rv friends, and everyone else too. Until next time...












No comments: