About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Thursday Nonsense!

Thursday:
   Well another work week is almost over for those of you who work. You only have one more day after today, unless you work on the weekends. I hope all of you who are working can find some time to relax! It's good for you to unwind and just be. Me on the other hand, I have had too much time to relax the last few weeks! I am going to attempt  to sit on one of the bar stools from the island, and make spaghetti for dinner. We'll see how that works out. Ya never think you will get tired of take out, but believe me you really do. Also, it gets very expensive, and it isn't very healthy eating that stuff all the time! Unfortunately, Mike isn't very skilled at cooking, he doesn't even grill unless it is just hot dogs! It is also, very hard to instruct someone how to cook a meal when they have no knowledge of cooking terms and such. We found that out pretty quickly, and I will tell you that the only thing that got heated was our tempers! Lol! Enough said! Haha!  After that, Mike decided he would get take out while I was off my feet, but 6 weeks is a long time to eat takeout! Like I said the other day, I am getting very antsy to be able to do some things. So when I complain about having to do stuff, (and I'm sure I will) after I'm allowed to go back to doing my normal things, I will deny  I said anything about wanting to be able to do something! Haha! Anyway, I am going to see what I can do sitting on one of the bar stools from the island. I figured spaghetti with meat sauce wouldn't be that difficult to do, even if it isn't too healthy for us! At least, it won't have all the preservatives in it, that the take out stuff does. So, that is my plan for dinner tonight, wish me luck. ;) 

Necessary / Unnecessary Items for the Beast:
   The Beast (our truck) has decided she needs some new brake shoes! The trouble is, she isn't above squealing, and grinding to get her way either! Haha! All kidding aside, the brakes are making noise, so the brake pads will have to be replaced. You'd think though after getting 2 new batteries, and a new alternator, she could have been happy for a few months before she wanted something new! She is such a Diva! I guess the brakes would come under the necessary heading, since they have to stop a 13,000 pound  Rv trailer!  
   I'll tell ya about another necessary item Mike bought, (that I thought was totally unnecessary) that saved us a bundle of money on both the truck, and the trailer. When Mike had the hitch for the fiver installed, he bought a safety catch for the hitch, and then he installed it with the help our son. This saves the sides, and bed of the truck, should your fiver come unhitched, or for some stupid reason, you forget to put down the landing gear (holds the trailer up) on the trailer, and go ahead, and unhook it. This happened to us, I speak from experience! This is one of those incidences that wasn't funny at the time, but we can laugh about it now,  (only a little bit) it is still scary! The safety catch has saved us twice, so it was indeed worth the extra money Mike paid for it!  You heard it here first folks, I admit I was wrong, Mike was right! Haha! This was money that was well spent!  Sometimes, when ya go to set up everything, your mind isn't fully on what you are doing, as demonstrated by this incident! So this is why I mentioned the campground comedy shows, and why others like to watch. I'm sure some people had a good laugh over this! Not so funny to us though, when we could have lost thousands of dollars over it. This is why it's so important to have check lists, and for heaven sake put the landing gear (the foot pads that hold the front of the fiver up, when you unhitch) down first ! A lesson well learned by us! At least this incident I'm talking about happened  when we were in Iowa, so nobody around here would have known if I hadn't told you guys! LOL! The reason I mention this, (not to show you our stupidity, by the way, which is legendary,lol) is so that it might save some one out there the heartache that it could have caused us if Mike wasn't such a safety freak! Thank goodness he is, and is always trying to make things safer for us, and others we might come in contact with! Right now the only unnecessary thing, (I can think of) that we have bought for the Beast, was satellite radio. It wasn't as necessary for the Beast as it was for us. We got tired of trying to find a new radio station every time we went out of range of the radio station we were listening to. It can become quite tiresome, when you are traveling through other states, and don't know where the radio stations are, and you have to go through the whole dial to find one. I know, poor us, you are thinking, right? Lol!  So this item hasn't saved us any money, (in fact ya either pay by the month, or for the whole year at once, so it has cost us money) but it has saved us a lot of irritation, and frustration. I guess that counts for something! So we play nice, and share, one day I get to listen to my 60's and the next day Mike gets to listen to his 80's! Hey, it keeps us happy haha!

Done Deal:
   I consider this post a done deal, and I'm going to publish it. Lucky you, you don't have to read a foot blurb today, there is nothing new to report. Hehe!
   If you have been bitten by the Rv bug, I hope you can take our mistakes, that I talk about here, and keep from making them yourself, and maybe have a chuckle at our expense! Haha! Just say to yourself, gee, I would never do something like that! But, I bet ya will, just hope it it nothing too bad that will come back to bite ya on the butt, or haunt you! Haha! I hope to see ya's right here the next time I post! Until next time...

Here is the link to my Avon site for any of you who wish to order. It will be shipped directly to you and you may pay at the time of purchase with your credit card. Thank You! www.youravon.com/krisw32154

No comments: