About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Chilly and Rainy Wednesday!

Wednesday:
   Wow, 46 degrees this a.m. and rain! Are you getting as tired of these up / down temps as I am? Surely we will be back to normal temps by the end of April, lets hope so! I don't mind rain as long as it is a warm sweet smelling rain. Unfortunately, this rain is cold and there isn't a sweet thing about it!

Fiver:
   I want to open up the slides on the fiver! I hope by Saturday it will be nice and warm! I say open the slides like it is so hard, lol, all we have to do is plug the fiver in, make sure there is nothing in the way of the slides, and push a button! Presto! The bedroom slide comes out, then the living room slide is next, and finally the slide on the door side glides out!  Talk about easy, quite a step above the earlier slides several years ago, they had to be cranked out by hand. No wonder they were only big enough for a love seat, can you imagine how long it would take to hand crank a big slide out? Rv's have come a long ways in the years we have been camping. We never had a tent, cos this girl does not rough it! Haha! I love the outdoors, and nature, but frankly I don't want to be that intimate with it! Lol! I like having my own bathroom and shower, and my own bed with sheets. No sleeping bag on the ground for me, if I slept on the hard ground I probably wouldn't be able to move in the morning! Lol!  I want  all the comforts of home right along with me, I just don't want to stay home all the time! It's nice having everything in it's place in the trailer, and all ya have to do is put your clothes, and food in it, and you're ready to hook up and go! Then when ya get there just set it up and enjoy, sit back and relax! That is what I call enjoying nature and relaxing! Hehe!

Bella and Lilly:
   I think we will need to spend a few days, and nights in the fiver with to the dogs to get them used to being in there. That will give us some idea of what to expect before we venture out to a state park for a few days. We need to be able to see how they will react to everything. No sense in giving all the other Rvers a comedy show, and us some unpleasant surprises before a trial run!  After all, our neighbors already know we're crazy, so we might as well do a trial run with them, rather than giving strangers a laugh or two! Haha! I am sure once we get to a campground we'll keep them in stitches anyway! Even the best prepared Rvers, give the neighbors in the campground a show, sometimes without even realizing they are doing it! Believe me when I tell you the other campers love to watch everyone else set up, and break camp, just to see how, and what they do. Sometimes it is quite funny, and we have put on quite a show ourselves at times! We also enjoy watching fellow campers set up too, we get new ideas, and learn new ways of doing things that we hadn't thought of trying. Also, as I'm sure you can imagine, we also get a few laughs too! Things happen when you least expect it, and even seasoned Rvers have told us stories  of their mistakes. We've had some doozies  ourselves, that weren't funny at the time, but we can laugh about them now! I think our first order of business will be to take the dogs for a walk around the campground before  we set up. Then I hope they will be ready for a rest, and we can get set up with no surprises. Wish us luck with that! Haha! I'm afraid no matter how much we prepare the dogs, we're gonna have some funny consequences, that will eventually become funny memories, I hope!

Foot Blurb:
   There isn't much new to report on my foot. The bruising on the bottom is almost gone, and the swelling is going down a bit every day. I even have some feeling back in the big toe. I hope by next Tuesday, when I see the doctor that I will be allowed to walk on it! End of the foot blurb.

Yesterday:
   I got the island in the kitchen all cleaned up from doing flowers, and Mike put the containers back in the sewing room for me. Just until I get the flowers for the other keepsake bouquet, then I will get started on that one. I was able to do some dusting, and clean the windows in the door, inside and out, by using the wheelchair. I couldn't reach the 3rd row of little windows (it's a 9 light door) in the door, but at least I got the first  2 rows. The top row can wait, it is covered up by the valance, so ya can't see out of it anyway. I got them washed just in time to be able to see the rain! Haha! It was a good feeling to be able to accomplish something. I didn't feel quite so helpless, so I was in a better mood. 

   That is all I can find rattling around in my head to write about today so this sounds like a good place to stop. So make sure ya be kind to each other, and add some colors (memories) to your canvas (life)! See ya's...

No comments: