About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Happy Daylight Saving's Time!!!

Good Evening,
Did ya remember to spring forward this morning or last night?  I was so happy to see DST come back!  It means it's so much closer to spring, and the time we can unveil the fiver ( take the cover off) and get it ready to go somewhere, anywhere, I wouldn't care it it was just in the next county!  Ha ha!  Spring Fever,"uh yeah",( as one of my Grand Daughter's would say) I got it!  You bet I have a serious case too, like I told you all the other day!  Today's temp here in Ohio, was 66 degrees, it was seriously a beautiful day!  Now all we need is for the Forsythia bushes to bloom.  We have tulips coming up and, I am praying that the frost doesn't get them! Anyway it was a nice day!

So nice of a day in fact, we decided to drive to Columbus, and see Mike's 88 year old Mother!  She has Alzheimer's, but right now she still remembers her kids, and their spouses!  Bless her heart!  She knows we all have kids, but can't remember their names, or her Great Children's names. We are very fortunate that she remembers her own kids from what I've been reading about Alzheimer's!  Her long term memory is still very much intact, and she loves to talk about the past.  Her short memory is pretty much nonexistent now though.  So she repeats things a lot, but we just keep answering her like it is the first time we have heard it.  She gets overwhelmed easily when a bunch of people are around, so we try to visit in small groups.  We're also fortunate that Mike's Sister owns a double, so she lives with them, and they just leave the door open between the sides, so she will never have to go to a rest home!  She is never really left alone, so it works out great. I am making her a memory book of each of her children's families.  When someone says a name, and she doesn't know who they're talking about she can look at their picture and refresh her memory of who belongs to who.  I hope to have it ready for Mother's Day!

In case any of you were wondering, I don't really have a set  time of day to do my blog.  I am trying very hard to do one every 24 hours.  So if you still see the same one, please check back soon!  I have been working on this mostly in the evenings, so you may not see it until the next morning.  In fact, I just started doing it again after almost a three year absence.  To those of you who still came, looked, and stayed with me I  apologize for keeping you hanging!  I know I have lost many followers from doing that to all of you.  You see, I was convinced, by someone that I didn't have anything to write about since we were not RVing full time.  Well I think I am going to write about rving Half Time, I don't know if anyone does this or not but, Hey maybe I will start a new trend! So some of the stuff I write will be about rving, and may pertain to you.  Some of the stuff I write about will just be our everyday lives, and maybe you can still relate.  I hope I can keep it interesting enough for you to want to read it!  Anyway this is my plan, until such time we are able to go Full Time.  I figure this is going to help keep our dream alive of going full time. Some of you probably have camped, otherwise you wouldn't have gotten that full timing bug or hitch itch! 

We have camped and owned Rv's since 1983.  We started out with a little 16' Shasta trailer, and with 3 rambunctious little boys!  I want you to know that thing really got small when we were camping and it rained!  We were ready to pull our hair out trying to keep them entertained when it was raining!  So now our boys are grown and have family's of their own, and we have a 34'7"  fifth wheel.  Looks like we did that backwards huh?  Should we have had a bigger rv when the kids were smaller, maybe?  Well we like our fifth wheel, and enjoy being in it and taking it places.  Our dream fifth wheel, or I should say my dream fifth wheel is a Mobile Suites fifth wheel, I love them!  Rather than wait longer to get our dream, we set our sights on something more financially attainable for us!  Now don't get me wrong, we love our  Silverback, by Cedar Creek, but there are things we would have liked upgraded.  We figured that we  would try to do that later, and get used to towing and making our mistakes with this one. That doesn't mean that I still don't cringe with every ding we get!  If we manage to upgrade sometime fine, if not that is ok too. We're pretty easygoing and will enjoy our fiver, the Bear, and our truck the Beast.  So we have the Beast and the Bear! lol!  Hmmm, that sounds like a good name for a blog!   Wait, I didn't say that, did I?  No, I have a good name for my blog, maybe tomorrow I will tell ya how this blog came to be Sassy's Schooner Saga!

In the end, like the song from ELO, You gotta "Hold Onto Your Dreams", and this was the best way we could hold onto those dreams and live those dreams at the same time!  So we'll take Half Timing, over No Timing, until we can do Full Timing!  In the mean time we're still, (like the song from Herman's Hermits, my fave 60's band), sang " Something Tells me I'm Into Something Good! ", and we are!    ;)


No comments: