About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Promise Kept: This is How Our Saga Began !

Well as I told you last time, I am going to tell you all how my blog got it's name. My nickname has been Sassy for as long as I can remember, I guess that's because sometimes I am!  So that is where the first part of the name came from, and because I knew I was going to be the one who would be doing most, if not all the writing on this blog I thought it should have Sassy in the title.
After we found our fiver, and bought it, we were waiting to pick it up until the weather was better.  You see we  bought it in January and didn't pick it up until March, so the dealership agreed to keep it for us until then.  Anyway,there was a bunch of us in RV Dreams Chat one evening, and the subject of blogs came up.  They said that since we had just bought our fiver, we should document our story in a blog.  I told them ( the chatters) I would think about it, but didn't know if it was something I would be able to do.  So I thought and thought, what would I write about, what would I call a blog etc...
I had just finished reading a book about the pioneers traveling west in their Prairie Schooner Wagons. It got me to thinking how modern man (and woman) were not so much different than them, if ya think about it they were the first Rvers.  Just like them, modern man has not lost their urge to wander ,to look for a better life, and a more full filling way to live it.  So this was the reasoning behind the title of this blog.  Although the pioneers of yesteryear faced great hardships and trials on their travels, modern man has found a better and easier way!  Where they had to use Prairie Schooner Wagons, horses and oxen, modern man has the RV, or Recreational Vehicle!  So our  34'7" Silverback Cedar Creek, 3 slide fifth wheel is our version of the Prairie Schooner Wagon, and our Ford Super Duty 350 dually diesel truck is our horses and oxen.  All the conveniences of home go with you, no roughing it for modern man and his spouse!  I know there were other names for their covered wagons,like the Conestoga, but this was the name of the wagon in the book I read and then the story was called a Saga.  So I took my nickname and the schooner part of the wagon name and then saga for the story part.   I liked the idea of Sassy's Schooner Saga and the way it sounded, and Ta Da my blog was born!!!  Funny, now I can't even remember the title of that book, but at the time it sure left an impression on me!  I liked that my title was   original, and there weren't any other blogs that sounded like it.  I was quite pleased with myself!  lol!  So this is how our story or our saga began.  At the beginning, if you wish to go all the way back, it tells about this, and about some of our history camping and what we used to do before we retired.

We're considering ourselves to be Half Timers, right now that is the best we can do!  We still consider ourselves to be wannabe Full Timers!  We'll have to see what the future brings for us after our lawsuit is finished, so maybe next year we can spend the winter somewhere warm .So Que Sera, Que Sera, whatever will be will be!  Until  we do that, I hope I will be able to keep ya interested with the short trips and things we do along the way, so hopefully you won't be bored out of your gourd.

How many of you do something on your blog, or a hobby that you have been able to turn into a money making enterprise that helps finance your travels?  I have been thinking about a way to make extra money, to use for entertainment when we travel. Do you link your business to your blog, is it something that you can do by computer via the internet?  We can cover our expenses, but we would like to have extra money to play with, go out to eat, see the sites when we're somewhere new  etc...   How do you distinguish your RV lifestyle from a vacation?  Those are some of the questions that I am pondering, and hope to find the answers with this blog for my information as well as yours.  If you have the answers, please don't hesitate to inform me via comments.  I look forward to the research that it will take to answer these questions, and the knowledge I will gain when I find the answers!

So I'll see ya's again somewhere along the way...  on this journey of ours!  Sometimes on the move and sometimes going in circles, but on the go just the same!




No comments: