About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Friday, March 8, 2013

Another Box Checked Off the List / Campground Comedy!

I can now check my MRI off the list! I am so glad that is over, talk about something that gives ya a headache!  Those ear plugs they give you don't work so well,  it was still very noisy! That is the first time I ever had one on my hand.  By the time it was done my whole arm was a mass of pins and needles.  I had to lay on my stomach on the table, with my hand above my head for over 45 minutes, and not move!  Right!  Ever notice when ya can't do something that is when you need to do it the most?  LOL!    Isn't it ironic  that your nose itches when ya can't itch it, or ya need to go somewhere when your car won't start, and you have no electric when everything ya need to do takes electric!  How many times have you tried to turn a light on by flipping the wall switch when there was no electric because of a storm?  I can't even imagine how many times I have done that!  lol !  So naturally my nose was itching like crazy during the MRI, is it just human nature that we try to do something when we can't ?  So, that was my big experience today, I just hope that they were able to find out what kind of arthritis I have so treatment can be started.  Guess how many times I have to do something so simple as make a note when I can't get my hand to grasp a pen?  Only about 3 dozen ha ha!  There we are right back to human nature, and in my case extreme stubbornness!  I insist on working at it until I do it, even if I am in worse  pain afterward, or I get frustrated because I can't make my fingers tighten up enough to hold the pen and throw it like a child.   I guess we never really outgrow tantrums!  I may have to buy some of those fat pencils like they use in Kindergarten, so I can grip it, I wonder if they make pens with fat barrels on them for griping?  Have any of you had to make changes in the way you do things in order to still Rv?  Ok, I think I've gotten all the mileage that I can get out of this subject so onward to the next!

I have been sitting here thinking about some of the funny things that have happened when we get ready for a trip and when we reach our destination.  Granted some of them weren't funny at the time, but we can laugh about them now!  I have only listed a couple of them, believe me the list  has become endless, and you may eventually hear about a lot of them! When we get ready to go for a trip, we both, (Mike and I) have a checklist that we go through before we pull in the slides and hitch up.  Mine are usually inside the fiver and Mike's are outside.  Then when we get there we go over  the other checklist to set up the fiver.  Heaven help us if we try to help the other one and do something on their list!  Some funny things have happened over the years when we tried to help each other.One time Mike decided to put the slides out before I had checked everything, oops some bottled water was sitting by the slide and it got crushed when the slide went out and tore the molding off the inside of the slide!  It had moved during travel and he didn't know to check that stuff.  Another time, I thought I'd help Mr Perfectionist with the chocks for the tires.  Only thing was I didn't realize he wasn't done trying to get the fiver as straight as he wanted it!  Oops, chocks don't bend very well, as a matter of fact they break when ya back over them!  He he!  Have you unknowingly put on a comedy show when setting up camp or breaking camp for your camping neighbors?  I know we have, and then how many of us take great delight in watching other people set up and break camp? You can see some pretty funny stuff!  Come on,ya know we all do it!  It's always better to watch than be watched, right?! 
Mike loves to sit outside on Sunday's and watch everyone break camp cos they have to go back home and get ready for work the next day!  He says, "That's one of the perks of being retired!"  He always has a cheery little wave for them when they pull out! 
We once actually set up camp in front of people, and when we were done, they came over and complimented us on how easy we made it look!  Now I did only say it happened ONCE!  Ha ha!
How many wives try to help Hubby guide the fiver into the campsite?  Believe me that can cause divorces!  We have tried the handheld walkie talkies (which only work if ya can chew gum and walk at the same time),and I always forget to push the button to talk! Then there are the hand signals, which don't always end up being very nice!  I'm sure ya know how yelling works out! (which only adds to the comedy show) and  now I usually try, and remember I did say  I try, to only say something if he is getting too close to something with the fiver.  He usually always does better if I just keep my mouth shut and let him do it!  When I do that he gets the fiver in the site on the first try, and when I try to help, it usually takes 2 or 3 tries.  Do ya see a pattern here?
I just know now with the 2 dogs we have, there is gonna be a lot of comedy going on !  We just got them in August, so they haven't been rving yet. I'm sure that means we're in for some more funny mishaps this year!  So stay tuned, we may be appearing at a campground near you with engagements throughout the Spring, Summer, and Fall ! 




No comments: