About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Thursday, March 7, 2013

March Roars Into Ohio On The 6th!



Sorry I have been MIA for a few days.  Our Grand Daughters Autumn   and Tehya were here yesterday.  They had a snow day so they spent the day with us, and we were busy making memories. :)  The snow was very pretty as you can see from the pics I put on here.  It looked like a winter wonderland!  I have to say though, I hope that this is the last time that we get any more of the White stuff, that is measurable anyway.  Not only is it a pain in the butt, and dangerous for driving on, it is COLD!  It would be nice if it didn't have to be so cold when we have it! Why can't we get it only a few days before Christmas and then be done with the stuff?  Now that would work for me!  Of course I would like for it to be 75 degrees year round! Hehe!  Well, that is what I'd wish for if I had my way, but I'm sure ya'll know what they say about wishes!  Anyway, I hope that this means that Spring is going to be just around the corner.  Doesn't the saying go in like a lion and out like a lamb, and in like a lamb out like a lion?  Something like that or vice versa.
  


Now this is what I want to see  -------->

Spring is my favorite time of the year.  I am so excited for it to get here this year!  I think I have a serious super bad case of Spring Fever for some reason!  Lilacs are my favorite spring flower and probably one, if not my favorite flower all together.  They smell so good and, come in such pretty colors.
 I have a favorite quote, that I keep on my nightstand that says, " Life is a Blank Canvas Made For Me to Add the Colors", the author is unknown.  To me that is what spring is all about, a rebirth of the earth.  Going from drab colorless Winter to to Spring with all it's pretty colors. 

I found this quote in a magazine at a very low point in my life, and cut it out because it spoke to me.  I had just been diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure at age 46!  My whole life changed then a complete 180 degrees, I was very sick and they thought I would need a heart transplant to live.  I ended up not needing one, because of meds, many wonderful Doctors, and wanting to get better.  Most important, I think God had more lessons to teach me, and had many colors he wanted me to add to my canvas!   I think finding that quote helped save my life back in 2001.  It sort of made me think that my life is just like that blank canvas now, I'm just existing, I'm not adding any colors!  I thought that even if I was sick I still needed, and wanted to add lots of colors to my canvas.  It made me want to get better, to live, and not give up so I could add more colors!  I am not saying that this quote was the only thing that helped, but I think that my will to live had a lot to do with that, and it made me realize that I wanted to live!  Would this quote mean the same to you, maybe not, but at the time it was what I needed to think about, and it struck a chord in me!  God does indeed work in mysterious ways, Thank You God!  I have come a long way since that time, and I think that I have added many colors along the way!  My life is what it is, not what it was, what it was didn't define me!   Do I miss my before life, yes, but I have the memories, and I am happy.  Is my life different, yes, but I also enjoy my life now, and Rving is just one of the ways I keep adding colors to my life. I feel like I was given a miracle, not too many people get to start over !  I am very Thankful and Blessed !  A rebirth just like Spring is with the seasons!

Wow, that certainly got DEEP!  Not what I intended to write at all!   I sort of got off track when I mentioned that quote.
Oh well, maybe someone out there needed to hear what happened to me, so healing could take place in them!  I am happy to tell you that my heart function  has improved and is only 10% away from being normal!  After taking so many medications, I only now take two of the medications that I started out taking when I got sick.

Like I said earlier, Spring is like that to me.  So COME ON SPRING!  :) I think I have written enough for today and need to get busy instead of sitting in this chair. So I'll  be seeing ya's right here next time...



            

No comments: