About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

WEDNESDAY'S WHINE!!

Today:
I have got a lot done the past few days, and now I am TIRED! I still have to get the bedroom cleaned and the bed changed. I hate changing and fighting our king sized bed. One of these days I want to get a queen bed like we have in the fiver for our apartment. I have a feeling we're going to be staying put for awhile, with our parents in the shape they are in. Don't get me wrong, I am happy for as much time that we have with them. Anyway I'm tired of fighting with that darn bed, and we'd have more room with a queen sized bed. I'd like to give our son, Gary our king bed, I know they could use more room, cos they only have a full size bed. Speaking of Gary, he got his tooth pulled yesterday and is doing fine, so that's good. I have clothes to hang out on the line, and another load to do once I get the sheets off the bed. then I'll have the laundry done, at least for a while! For some reason it just keeps piling up. LOL! Mike is supposed to come home today sometime this afternoon, and I'll sure be glad, I hate not being able to go. My Mom's surgery has been rescheduled for June 11th. So I'll be going down to Circleville then. I hope this time she'll be able to have the surgery and get it over with, cos she tends to worry about it. After she is up on her feet, we may be able to sneak a little traveling in this summer, at least that's the plan if there are no complications. We are looking forward to that, and also getting the apartment done, and it's getting close to time to put the ceiling in and the flooring! As soon as Mike and Jamie get finished putting outlets in my little kitchen area they can start on the ceiling.

Yesterday:
I got most of my painting done except for the screen door, so I still have that little task to do this week. I've had to get real creative with finding storage here in the apartment, but I have made and found some. I actually think that the fiver has more storage. We had plenty of room when we lived in it last summer, except for not having a pantry for groceries. If we ever bought another one I would make sure it had a pantry, otherwise our fiver is great. We may see if we can figure out how to build a pantry in the fiver, at a later date.

Well I really have to get busy now or I won't get the stuff done that I want before Mike gets home. I know I'll want to talk to him when he comes home, so nothing will get done then. So I'll continue to try to keep this blog going and hopefully I'll be able to get back in the RV Dreams chat soon! There are only 10 more days of school, and going to Jamie's apartment to put Kara to bed, so I'll have access to my Internet at night again soon! I feel so out of touch with all of you and miss talking to you all, see ya's soon...

1 comment:

LakeConroePenny,TX said...

Yes, it is amazing how much easier a queen bed is to make up, rather than a king. You wouldn't think those few inches would make much difference, but they do.
Happy Trails, Penny, TX