About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Monday, May 18, 2009

MONDAY, MAY18th, 2009

Today:
As you can see I haven't been too good at keeping up with my blog the last week, and all I can say is that time keeps getting away from me. Thank goodness that there is only 2 more weeks of school left, then I can be home in the evenings! I will try to catch you up on the status of things going on here.

Last Week:
I had my appointment with the allergy doctor. After a pulmonary function test, standard, just to see how much air I am moving, then I got to see the allergist. I found out after he reviewed my meds that I could not have the standard allergy test where they prick your skin because of the Coreg that I take for my heart. Sometimes, evidently it can give false positives, and make you have an allergic reaction bad enough to put you in the hospital. Instead they took 3 tubes of blood and will test my blood with the allergens. This will take about 2 weeks. The allergist did put me back on my Patanol eye drops which is good. So now we wait. He also told me that I can't take allergy shots for cats because of the Coreg, and if they did go ahead and give them to me, it would take at least a year for them to tack effect. Which means I can't go down to Mike's Moms for more than a few hours. The Coreg seems to be the hold up here, but it is something I will have to be on for the rest of my life, so going off of it is a no no. Oh well enough about that no sense talking about something that can't be changed, right?
Mike and I both had our regular doctor appointments on Thursday and got our new prescriptions, so we are good to go for almost 6 months before we have to go back. Glad that's out of the way.

Mike:
Yesterday Mike left to go to his Mom's house. He called to let me know he got there and everything was ok. He also told me that his brother in law is screening in the back porch so Miss Kitty can go out to the porch. Now there won't be any place in the house that I can go where the cat hasn't been! It is such a shame to screen in that porch because it is so nice to sit out there in the sun. Sure is one spoiled kitty, although I understand it is good for someone with Alzheimer's to have a pet to take care of but man it makes it rough for me. She, Mike's Mom is not in the final stage and the doctor said it would be good therapy for her and help keep her in the present instead of the past. The thing is I love cats, but boy do they mess my allergies up! Mike will be gone for 3 or 4 days, depending when his brother can come down. Sure wish I could have went with him. I miss him already, and it's so quiet that I had to turn on some music to keep me company! It took me a long time to go to sleep last night even though I read before going to sleep. Half the time I can pick up a book at bedtime and go to sleep after the first page still holding the book. Good thing I read in bed huh? LOL! Well I think we are all caught up for the last week now. So I'll save some things for tomorrow and I hope you all have nothing but rainbows and good luck so until tomorrow friends...








































No comments: