About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Thursday, February 12, 2009

WINDY NIGHT ( WEDNESDAY) / THURSDAY DAY

Windy Night and Next Day:
Last night and today has been the windiest we have had since Hurricane Ike last September! Luckily we have escaped damage and losing our electricity this time. The lights did flicker a couple of times, but that was all. I was really happy to get up and see that our fiver was still there in the driveway intact, and had no tree limbs on it! Whew!!! The way the wind sounded last night I would have expected tree limbs to be all over the place. We were very lucky and the howling wind has finally died down tonight since it got dark. I hope we haven't lost any roof shingles, so that is one thing Mike will have to check on when he gets up in the morning. I know he is going to enjoy getting up there to check that out! Haha!

Noon:
Mike got home around noon today! It is really good to have him home, even if it's only for two days before he has to go back down on Sunday afternoon. He didn't sleep too well while he was down at his Mom's so he came home and took a nap. I think it was a combination of the heat in the house, and me not being there too. That hasn't happened too often us being apart since we got married. When it does it feels really strange. Even before he retired from the Air Force we were only apart for less than three months when he was on active duty. We were really lucky on that score.

Grand Daughters:
Tonight Autumn and Tehya came over for a few hours so Mom and Dad could go birthday shopping for Tehya, and out to dinner by themselves. After we ate dinner the three of us played bowling on the Wii. Autumn won every game, she was the strike queen of the evening! I didn't do too bad once I got the hang of it but when a seven year old gets five strikes in one game to my two it's not too good. Even five year old Tehya got strikes before I did! I did pick up most of my spares, but I still lost. Must have been because it was my first time on the Wii. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! LOL!! Tehya's 5th Birthday is tomorrow, I can hardly believe she is five now, and ( as I said earlier) was the reason for me babysitting this evening, but the party is on Sunday. Kara will be over tomorrow so she can attend the party on Sunday. The kids are out of school for teacher conferences tomorrow, and then on Monday for President's Day. So they get a four day weekend. Kara will spend the weekend here then, Jamie will pick her up on Monday. So I'll only be lonesome for two days instead of three next week. I'll still be happy when Mike gets back on next Wednesday. I'm going to be off Grandma duty the weekend after this one!

Since I didn't get blown Over the Rainbow to Munchkin Land last nite or today I'll be talkin to ya tomorrow! See ya then...

No comments: