About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Friday, February 13, 2009

FRIDAY THE 13th!!!!!!

Friday the 13th:
I am not superstitious, but a lot of people are so I hope you had a safe and a good day. We had a beautiful sunny day with a high of 45 degrees, so that was a switch for us. I know that those of you who hate Friday the 13th are glad it is almost over! We actually had a good day. We went to Wal Mart, and I got my paint for the bathroom so I can do that next week. We took Kara to McDonald's for lunch, and we got her a new Webkinz, a mini blue hippo she named Herman. The reason that she got a new Webkinz is that after all the work she did last weekend on her multiplication tables, she got a B+ on her math test. So that was her reward for doing a good job on her test, and learning her multiplication facts. I was very proud of her because she worked hard and saw how much it helps to study. We will work on the rest either tomorrow or Sunday evening. She knows that she won't get a Webkinz for all her tests, but maybe for her grade card if she brings her grades up.

Crocheting:
I started on an afghan today. It is a shell stitch, and is a very fast pattern, that you make long strips and then connect the strips or panels together to make one big afghan. By working in the the strips you only have a short 17 stitch row so it is very fast. It is called Wide Mile-a-Minute, for the reasons I just mentioned above. Just 66 more rows and I'll have one panel finished! LOL! Then I'll only have 4 more panels to make. It gives me something to do with my hands while I'm watching TV or riding in the truck. It also keeps me from biting my nails, so that's a good thing.

New Blanket:
Our new electric blanket arrived by UPS today, and Kara helped me put it on the bed this afternoon. It will be so nice to get into a warm bed again instead of cold sheets! After always having an electric blanket it is a real shock to the system to get into a cold bed. It seems like it takes forever to get the sheets warmed up without one. In the fiver we have an electric mattress pad, and we really prefer the blanket instead of the mattress pad. So eventually we'll get one for the fiver, before we go south next winter if all goes well. We are optimistic that it will this time. At least the queen blankets are a lot cheaper than the king size blankets so we will only have a little over half the cost of the king for the fiver.

I'll close now, because Kara wants some snuggle time, and it is getting kind of late so I better get her to bed or she'll be crabby tomorrow, and so will I if she gets me up really early, so I'll see ya soon...


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tehya was also born on Friday the 13th, so I think it is a good luck day :)