About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

WIN SOME/ LOOSE SOME

Well this has been a kind of ya win some / ya lose some day for me. First off the paint that I have that I thought would be a match for the tan in the wallpaper doesn't match, and it isn't even close. It turns out that the wallpaper tan is a kind of pinky tan, and the tan I have is more of a brown tan. This isn't the most weighty issue in the world, but it is not gonna look well with the wallpaper. My paint is light enough to use as a primer though, so I can use what I have left for that. I will need to get another gallon of paint with the right color in it now. So I definitely lost on that score. Good thing I only had a half gallon of paint left.

Dishes:
I did find out that I can do the dishes out here in the apartment using dishpans, so I did win on that score. I can carry water for the dishpans from the bathroom which is very close, so that's not a problem. I can certainly do that until Mike gets the kitchen sink hooked up. It was a lot easier than going into the main house to do what few dishes we have, and I didn't have to carry the dishes back and forth either, which was a lot easier. I always put off doing the dishes because of that, cos I hated having to lug everything to the main kitchen. Now I can just do my dishes the old fashion way using the dishpans. I'm still going to have to carry the water from the bathroom, but at least it's close.

Wind:
Boy is it windy here today and tonight! There is all kind of noises outside. They said on the weather channel that winds of 70 mph an hour would not be out of the question with this system. There is a wind advisory until 5 a.m. in the morning. The temperature of 63 degrees is supposed to drop to 34 tonight, and I guess we're very lucky that we're not having thunder storms here tonight. It sounds like it is storming with all the noise of the wind, it's howling and I sure hope we don't have a repeat of what we went through when hurricane Ike blew into town! It really does worry me when the lights flicker now! We were without electricity for 6 days then, and with it getting colder tonight I really don't want to go without electricity again, cos it would be too cold for the birds. Well that's it for me tonight, so let's hope that I don't get blown Somewhere Over the Rainbow, because my dog's name is Dutchess, not Toto!!!! LOL!

No comments: