About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

STRANGE DAY- MONDAY

Monday:
Yesterday was a strange day. Mike left around 1:oo p.m. to go to his Mom's and I stayed home. I could not go because of Miss Kitty. I only spent 2 days there last time and suffered for 4 days with my allergies. I was not willing to go through that again, and my dog Dutchess would have had a huge fit. I have to get in touch with my doctor and see if I can get allergy shots set up, because my not going makes it harder on Mike. His Mom was so upset that she cried when he got there on Monday. She just can't understand why she can't stay home alone at 84 years old. Unfortunately with her having Alzheimer's she can't even remember to take her medications without someone reminding her. Also with all the break ins that have been going on where she lives, targeting older people it's just not safe for her to live alone anymore. So that's another reason going against her living alone. I felt bad for Mike when he called me and told me how she reacted when he got there, and I also felt sorry for her too! It really felt strange staying behind and not going with Mike. We're not used to being apart for very long. He will be comming home either Thursday afternoon or Friday morning. Then he has to go back down to his Mom's again on Sunday afternoon until his brother, David get's down there on Wednesday afternoon, and then He won't have to go down until April, except to visit every couple of weeks, and I can go then as long as I only stay a few hours, and then change my clothes, bag them, and put them in the truck. Then I have to shower, and wash my hair as soon as I get back to my Mom's house. That's the only thing I can think of until I can get allergy shots started.

Jobs:
There are a few things that I want to get done while Mike is at his Mom's. I want to paint the wall in the bathroom, then when he comes home he can put the rest of the beadboard in the bathroom, then I can get another gallon of paint to finish the walls. After he comes back from his next trip I hope I will be able to get the tile on the floor. Then the whole bathroom will be done except for the washer and dryer. I have other things to sort through and and move around into their permanent places. Slowly I will get through all the boxes and find more floor space in our bedroom as the boxes disappear. That is my goal through the rest of the winter, and then it will be time to take off in our fiver and have some much needed fun somewhere over any rainbow we can find. See ya tomorrow!



No comments: