About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Monday, October 27, 2008

WHOOSH !!!!!!!!

Today:
Today, Monday we're getting the fiver ready to travel for a few days of R & R before the wedding. We're just going to go to Alum Creek state park in Columbus, and with this weather, we shouldn't have any problems getting a spot for the wifi unless they have turned it off for the season! If they have we may end up somewhere else. Anyway we'll take off in the morning and see where we end up.

YIKES !!!
Sunday :
Sunday dawned sunny and windy, and I mean windy, not windy like when IKE came through Ohio, but we had 35 to 40 mph winds! Then it started to rain. We went to Sam's and got an electric mattress pad for our bed in the fiver. With the colder weather it's gotten kinda cold in the fiver. I also found an electric throw for me so I got that too. It works very well, but could be just a little bit bigger. We also got a new set of sheets with deep pockets to fit mattresses that are 18 inches deep. I don't think our mattress is that deep, but our sheet corners sometimes come off. I'm thinking it's because we have our mattress, then our memory foam topper, then our mattress cover on our bed. Our memory foam topper is 4" thick, so I wanted some bigger pocket ( fitted) sheets. Anyway sorry I got off topic, now back to the main topic "SUNDAY SHOWER"

Sunday Shower:
No this doesn't mean I only take a shower on Sundays! Lol!! It started raining hard and after it let up a bit I went to the house for something, I've since forgotten what, but that's the gist of the situation. You'll understand why I forgot what I went in for in a minute. So I come out of the house with what I got in one hand, and my crutch in my other one supporting me cos it was slippery and I didn't want to fall, again. I opened the door to the fiver, and was ready to go up the steps. By the way did I say it was raining and very windy? Anyway I went up the first step with no problem, and was on the top step when I hear a very loud WHOOSH ! I don't remember anything after that (Just Kidding ), except somebody screaming and feeling very WET! IT WAS ME!!!!! The wind blew at the exact time that I stepped up onto the top step and that wonderful invention of the slide topper, we have on our fiver, let loose with all the VERY COLD WATER that had collected there when it rained! RIGHT DOWN ON THE TOP OF MY HEAD! I was drenched and did I mention it was only 50^ outside at the time? I have to give Mike credit, he tried VERY hard not to LAUGH!! LOL! I thought he was going to ROTF laughing! Of course, my sense of humor had deserted me at that moment, but I did start to think it was funny, after I had changed out of my wet clothes and towel dried my hair! Which also had leaves in it from the wind blowing the leaves up onto the slide topper. THAT is when I started laughing! HAHA! Now as I think back on it, I have to say it was pretty funny and the timing was INCREDIBLE !! There has always been some discussion as to whether you really need slide toppers with the extra expense they add to your rig. Also, the pros and cons of having them! I have to say this must be one of the CONS !! Ours already had them on our 3 slides when we bought the fiver, and after this I don't know if I'm overly fond of them or not! LOL!

Saturday:
Saturday I got up early and made a huge meatloaf and put it in the crock pot and played games with Grand daughter Kara, while I waited for my friend to pick me up for her son and daughter in law's baby shower. The baby is due on December 1st, which is Kara's birthday. Wow what a shower, this baby boy is going to be the best outfitted baby in all time! I don't think they'll need to buy him anything unless they just want to buy something! I think there was 30 to 40 people there, and the people where she works have already given her a shower, and then there will be a couples shower in a couple of weeks. Can ya tell this is their first baby? While I was at the shower Kara was with her cousins, Autumn and Tehya for a fitting for her bridesmaid dress for the wedding.

Friday:
Friday was taken up with doctor appointments, xrays and picking Kara up at her school in Kettering, Ohio. With this I'll close and get this posted, as I am now caught up on the time that I missed writing here! Have a great day now, until I see ya tomorrow...

2 comments:

LakeConroePenny,TX said...

Sassy, Have you tried the hospital sheet trick of tucking both top corners over the head of the mattress first, and then the two bottoms ? It stops the sheets from coming loose at the top, even when you sit up in bed. Happy Trails, Penny, TX

Tumbleweed Dee said...

You're a busy girl! It's good hearing from you. Sorry about all the water, but I had to giggle a bit as I read it. See you in chat soon, I hope.