About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

WENDESDAY LUNCH

Sandra and Gordon: Taco Bell Columbus 8-29-08

Taco Bell:
It was great to finally meet and talk to Sandra and Gordon! It was a very enjoyable time with lots of talking between us! We had a very lively conversation about : RV'ing LOL! Actually we talked about photos, cameras, places they'd been, towing, road conditions etc... We really had a good time with them, and enjoyed our lunch. We found out that Gordon graduated from the same high school that our kids did! Small world huh? The New Carlisle/Bethel district built new schools last year, but they retained the name Tecumseh for the high school. We were all surprised that each of us knew where New Carlisle, and Medway, and Crystal Lakes were in Ohio. They're just little towns that usually no one has heard of, so we just say Dayton or Springfield when someone asks where we're from. Sandra gave me some books that she had read and I will save them for her until we meet again or pass them on to another RV'er after I am done. Thanks Sandra!

Wally World: Again!
Since Taco Bell was near a super Walmart, we stopped there before going back to the state park. I bought some more silk flowers for the bouquets much to Mike's chagrin! Every time we go into a Walmart he says, "you're not buying more flowers are you"? He is really sick of going to look at flowers for the bouquets with me! haha! A word of advice, don't ever let your Daughter/Granddaughter pick purple flowers for their wedding. There are 2 different shades of purple and they don't look good together. One is sort of a blue purple and one is a royal purple. They make alot more of the blue purple flowers than they do the royal ones. Guess which ones I'm having trouble finding? I've been about to pull my hair out with frustration! I've looked in Michael's, and Hobby Lobby, and unfortunately for Mike, every Walmart I go in! LOL!! I have found most of the flowers at Walmart though and they are cheaper there too. That has been a lot of Walmarts lately! He is totally sick of silk flowers! I hope that I have guest-timated enough flowers for each bouquet! I'll be glad when the bouquets are is done too!

Morning:
In the morning we will be leaving for home, and Sandra and Gordon will be leaving for Lebanon, Ohio. So we'll both be traveling in the morning! Thanks for taking the time to meet us for lunch Sandra and Gordon! Safe travels you two! We hope to meet up again with you guys either here in Ohio or elsewhere! I sure hope it's somewhere warmer than it was today! See ya soon...

2 comments:

Tumbleweed Dee said...

Oh how fun! I'm so glad you guys met up. I'm familiar with purple. The red hat purple dress club has dozens of purple pants,skirts and dresses and all different purple. Good luck

Speedy said...

I would not have a clue on purple anything but I do know that is is so cool to meet up with folks you have only read or chatted with! We met Mac and Netters and it was so nice to talk to them and get to know who they are. Makes chatting later much easier! Thanks for sharing your visit with us.

Joe and Sherri