About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Thursday, October 30, 2008

BACK IN GOOD OLE MEDWAY

Alum Creek: This A.M.
We got up and got ready to leave and we each did our check list. Mike outside, and me on the inside. Mike hooked up the fiver while I was still on the inside, and he didn't warn me he was doing it. When he hooked up to the hitch, it almost knocked me down! LOL! Just kidding, but it was a jarring experience. Anyway we got on the road at about 11:15 a.m.

Home: This afternoon
We got home at around 1:00p.m. this afternoon. We then went through our home check list. Making sure the landing gear is down and the tailgate on the truck is down, making sure the fiver was level before we unhitched, chocks behind the tires, getting the slides out, the jacks lowered, etc.. hooking up the water and cable, and the electric. Mike did most of that with a bit of help from me. Then I finished getting the inside set back up. Moving the island back into place, putting my nick knacks back out, setting up the cordless phone from the house, pushing the recliners back in position, and the most important thing of all, getting the laptops set back up! Haha! After that I got spaghetti sauce made and put in the
crock pot. We had lunch and then we sat down to relax! Whew what a work out! We don't do much else after getting home, or to somewhere on a travel day.

Tomorrow:
I will start on the wedding bouquets tomorrow, and get them out of the way this weekend or the first of the week at the latest. Time is getting short now and I am glad that I got all the corsages and boutonnieres done a few weeks ago! The bridal bouquet will take the longest, so I'll do it first. I usually wire 3 bouquet holders together and start to add the flours from there. Hope ya all had a good day, as usual I didn't get everything done I wanted to. I was planning on spending some time in the RV Dreams chat room and didn't make it! Hope to see ya all tomorrow night. To all who are on the move travel safe!!

No comments: