About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Friday, October 31, 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN !!

Happy Halloween !!!
Today is Halloween! I remember when, we used to get together with our friends and take our kids out "Trick or Treating" together. What fun we had, I sometimes wish they were still little like that. Mike does too because it was his "job" to go through all the candy and divide it all up, and of course Dad got a pile od candy too, and he didn't have to do anything for it! Back then it was still safe for kids to go door to door to trick or treat. Alot of communities have stopped letting kids do that now for safety reasons! We didn't get one trick or treater last night! It is really kind of sad! One time my friend Sue and I took our boys out while the Dads stayed home to give out candy. We walked up to this house and in the drive a jeep was parked. It had the top off and roll bars on it. Inside the jeep sat a stuffed gorilla, while the kids went up to the door, we were standing there talking about how realistic the gorilla looked. All of a sudden the gorilla reached out and tried to grab us! You talk about being scared and screaming! WOW! After it was all over we thought it was funny though, and the boys almost rolled on the ground laughing at us! The guy in the gorilla suit laughed about as much as the boys did! LOL! Ah the good ole days! They still talk about us getting scared out of our wits! Over the years I made mummy, vampire, Indian, devil, pirate and assorted other costumes, but those are the ones that stick in my mind. I'm glad something still sticks in there!!! The mummy costume that I made my oldest son even won first prize in a contest! Every year when school started the boys would start thinking about costumes and what they wanted to be so I had 2 months to make their costumes. I was the most proud of the Indian costume that I made our son Corey, but Jamie's mummy costume is a close second followed by Gary's vampire costume! Those were fun times, how I miss them! Usually we get to see our grand daughters Autumn and Tehya all dressed up for Halloween, but I guess they didn't have time last night when they trick or treated. I was sort of disappointed that they didn't stop by, but they were walking instead of driving, so they stayed in their neighborhood.

Flowers:
Well it's time to get busy on my flowers, so I best get started. Hopefully I will have some pictures tomorrow, of the bridal bouquet for you. I can't put the bouquets off any longer! I guess I work best under deadline pressure, so now that the clock is ticking and the pressure is on high it's time to get to work! See ya next time...


No comments: