About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Monday, September 22, 2008

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK!!

Back Among the World Wide Web:
I can't believe how much I missed all the technology we have today, while we were without electricity! I guess I'll have a greater appreciation for it now instead of taking it for granted! It's funny, you know you have no power, but when ya walk into a room ya still turn the light on! LOL! I've spent the last day and a half catching up with all my fellow blogger friend's blogs, and learning everything that happened in the world while we were without electricity! We actually bought a few newspapers the past week, just so we could get some news. I never thought that I'd really miss the news. You really feel cut off from everything when you don't know what is going on! It's really funny how "IKE" hit here. The neighbors across the street had power while our side of the street was dark. Our blocks here in this little area called "Crystal Lakes" are small. Before you ask, no this is not the Crystal Lakes of all the Jason movies fame. There only about 6 houses to a block, and the street behind us was black too. So the tree limb that fell on our lines also took their power out too. Actually this used to be a resort area back in the days before the depression. There used to be lots of cottages and people from Dayton, and all over Ohio came to vacation at the spring fed lakes out here, and get away from the city heat in the summer. Then after the depression hit a lot of people lost their homes, and had to move into their cottages to live. Many of the cottages had no foundations, and just sat on the ground. Most were torn down or remodaled to be lived in year round. So there is a little history on this area between Dayton and Springfield, Ohio. There are still a few of the log cottages still here, and I'll try to get some pictures of them soon so you can see them. They are really neat, and very quaint.

Weeding:
Surprisingly, I was out in the yard yesterday and still weeding in the flower beds. I still have about a foot and a half of one to finish, then they'll all be done! Man it is sure rough on you, when you have had knee surgery to weed though. I have a little garden seat with wheels on it, which helps, but boy does my knee sure get stiff. At least the front yard looks good again, so it hasn't been a total loss being without electricity.

Wedding:
Gary's wedding is coming up on November 8th, so we have been working on plans for that. Mariah's Mom, Rhonda and I have just about got the reception menu figured out, and the guest list, unless Gary or Mariah add more people. I have to finish the corsages, and then I'll be free to start on the bouquets. I also have to do a silk arrangement with lights in it for the head table. So I'll be busy doing that the next 2 months.

Hurricane Ike:
Many are still without power and their homes in Texas and Alabama and my heart really goes out to them. I am so thankful that most chose to leave the area, and in doing so saved their lives! I imagine it's hard not being permitted to go back to their homes or whats left of their homes to see the damage. There are still people here in Ohio who have no power also, so I feel for them too. Let's all keep sending all of those affected by this disaster our prayers!

Tonite:
Tonite I plan to catch up with all my friends in the RV Dreams chatroom and see what everyone has been up to while I've been away from technology the last week, and I hope to see many of you there so until then...

No comments: