About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Monday, August 25, 2008

MONDAY






Today:
Today I want to try to post the pictures of Alum Creek Stat Park that I couldn't get to post last night. So if it works I should have about 5 pictures on here. Alum Creek Park is a very pretty wooded park, and it's not uncommon to see a few deer once in a while. We always get lots hummingbirds at our feeders when we are there. Two of the pictures it was starting to get dark, but I liked the contrast of them. That's all the pictures for today. I feel very fortunate to have gotten them posted, So I won't press my luck. I'm excited that I'm learning to do the things on the computer, that I didn't know how to do. I've just been using trial and error, and a lot of patience. So far it seems to be working! Tomorrow I'll try to post some pictures of the little island cart that we used to solve some of the storage problems we had in the kitchen here in the fiver.

Bedroom:
Do any of you have problems with your mattress sliding on the wooden platform it lays on? We do, and I think I have figured out a way to fix it. I'm going to use some of the shelf liner that I used in the kitchen cabinets. You know the kind where nothing moves on it? I'm going to put a strip across the top and the bottom under the mattress, and see if that does the trick. Our mattress usually slides down about 3 inches while we sleep. We must move around a lot when we sleep. Okay please, No comments on this! I know the road that some of your minds travel on! LOL! Haha!

Afternoon:
The rest of the day I am going to put lemon oil on the wood in the fiver. It's starting to look a little dull, and I haven't done it since we've had the fiver. I also need to call some prescriptions in so we can pick them up this week. Then I have to finally call my knee surgeon, and get an appointment to see what can be done about my knee, I've been putting it off. I'm tired of using crutches when I have to walk anywhere except the fiver! If I get this stuff done today I'll be able to sit back and relax the rest of the week if I want to. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings, so until then...

P.S.
When I preview this post I don't have a space in the writing, but when I publish this I do PLEASE bear with me, I'm still learning. Anyone have any suggestions as to why this happens?

No comments: