About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Sunday, August 17, 2008

BEST LAID PLANS ????

Not Today:
Well, I did plan to rearrange the cabinets in the fiver today, but alas, that is not going to happen, at least it won't unless I get off my rear, but with it being quarter past four, I don't see much going on in the way of organizing for today. The most I'm going to do is make a big salad for dinner. Having company all day kinda makes ya tired, and lazy!

Island:
We got the cart that is cabinet height yesterday, and Mike spend an hour putting it together, so now I have an island in the fiver for the kitchen. I can store my can goods inside it, and it has a cutting board top. It makes a nice island, but it does take up about 2' of floor space in the kitchen area. It gives me more counter space too. We paid $100.00 for it, which I didn't like, but we sure needed it, and now Mike won't have to hear me complain about not having enough space to use the counters. I know all you guys out there are probably saying "well that was money well spent!" Believe me Mike thinks the same thing! LOL! I will take a picture of it so ya can see it. Well, that's one of our problems solved, and a couple more to go! I still have to do the cabinets over, but I'll get that done in the morning.

No Time Crunch:
It's so nice not being on a schedule ruled by the clock! It's fun keeping our own schedule, and doing what we want when we want. We have found out we do things at a much slower pace, and they still get done, if that's what we want done. It is always astonishing to me, when I sit back, and reflect on how the day went, that it was still a good day, and I can't wait to get up, and see what the next day will bring. So that is all the deep thinking I'm going to do today, so until I sit down to write again...

1 comment:

Tumbleweed Dee said...

Thank you for answering a huge decision for me. I have not liked the "looks" of the bar/U shaped counter that's in a lot of the fifth wheels. I think it just takes up way too much space, but after what you just said needing counter space, I'll reconsider. Looks isn't everything and we'll be LIVING in the 5er.
Dee