About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Saturday, August 23, 2008

NOT MUCH HAPPENING SATURDAY

Saturday:
Today was pretty quiet, and really hot and humid! We spent a satisfying morning, Mike with his coffee, and me with my hot tea sitting in our recliners being lazy. I didn't do anything more strenuous than make a list of the things I want to do tomorrow. The air conditioner ran all day and didn't shut off once until 9:00p.m. It has now reached the temp we had it set at, and is nice and cool in here. Here is a question for all of you, when you run your AC do you have the trailer door open or closed? Ok before all you guys say DUH, I mean the main door, we tend to have our main door opened back and the screen door closed, with the clear plastic windows over the screens. It seems so closed in with the big door shut, and I know I'll have to have it shut in the winter, but what do you do? I'm sure it is more efficient with the big door closed. So I just wanted to see what the consensus was on that question.

Company:
We've had lots of phone calls, and company this evening. Mike's sister called telling us about her new Granddaughter born last Sunday evening, my Mom called, and I talked to her for an hour! Then one of our friends came by, and ended up staying for dinner, and we did lots of catching up. So that's been our day and evening. Kinda boring, but kinda nice too! A couple of glasses of wine would have made it a lot nicer, but we were out and I didn't want to go to the store. So there you have it, until tomorrow...

1 comment:

A couple of newer paintings 2019 said...

We have everything closed up tight including the shades down when we run the air. It's dark in the RV but it's what is recommended.