About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Saturday, May 31, 2008

SATURDAY

Saturday:
Well today is Saturday, and I've been busy. I have done the dishes and swept the kitchen floor so far. I am still working on the sewing/craft room, but I did make some headway on Thursday. I have a path to walk through now! LOL! You see it had become the store it all room too! Lots of things got put in there by others who didn't know what to do with them, so that's where they went! Not fair, but there you have it. Anyway, I have all the other "stuff " cleared out so now I can get busy on all the " stuff " that was supposed to be in there! I have sorted out all the craft things, that I am going to give my Granddaughters to use. Lots of paints and brushes, foam cutouts, foam markers, wavy craft scissors, and things like that. Isn't my Daughter-in-Law just going to love me? I have 2 extra sewing machines I need to sell at the garage sale now, unless one of my Daughter-in-Laws wants one. I have so much material, and yarn, that I could quilt and crochet everyday for the next 5 years, and never use it all!

Retirement:
Man, I don't know if Mike is gonna be able to handle this or not?! He gets up at 11:00a.m. eats breakfast, and is taking a nap by 12:45p.m. What a life! Wish I could sleep during the day, but I have never been able to do that unless I've been sick. Well I'm sure I can find something to keep me from being bored. Lets see now, what was I going to do? Oh yeah, work on the sewing/craft room, but maybe I should take a break first. I think I should play some games on the computer, or do some jigsaw puzzles at Jig Zone. Right that's what I'll do, then do the sewing/craft room tomorrow. After all isn't that what Scarlett said in Gone With The Wind?
" There's Always Tomorrow ", Who am I to argue with great literature like that? Must be some some truth to that if Margaret Mitchell put it in her most famous book. Do ya see a theme here? Can ya tell I really don't want to work on that room today? Haha!

Weather:
It's a very pretty day here in Ohio today also. Quite warm with a nice breeze too. It stormed last night here for most of the night. My dog Dutchess, is very afraid of thunder storms, and fire crackers. She had me up most of the night with her. Whenever it storms she breathes, and pants continously. I was afraid she was going to have a heart attack! We gave her some of the calming medicine we have for her, but it didn't take effect until about 3:30a.m. I even let her get on the bed and lay, but each time she would start to calm down another crack of thunder would hit, and it would start all over. I felt so sorry for her! Finally we were able to go to sleep. What a night!

1 comment:

Tumbleweed Dee said...

You sound like me. There's things I SHOULD be doing to get ready to get on the road, (like scanning those photo albums) but instead I'm on chat or working with the jigsaw puzzles online. We miss you on chat, come in sometime and join us.
Dee