About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A WEEK FROM TODAY!!!

Countdown Starts: 7 Days
Well, it's just a week from today that we pick up our new 5er! You'll probably get tired of hearing me talk about it by then! I can't help it, I'm just so excited! So forgive me if I bore you to tears. This is the most exciting thing we can imagine! The weather for that day is calling for rain. One of our rules is to not drive in the rain, so what are we going to do? We do have a couple of ideas. There are a couple of state parks not too far away and some private campgrounds too. So maybe we'll use one of them. Actually, we just can't wait to try it out! LOL! Seriously, we would rather drive home on dry pavement, than wet if the next couple of days aren't going to be too bad. So a stay overnight, or for a couple of days wouldn't be too bad, or out of the question for us. What would all of you do? We hope to get some feedback from some of you, to hear what you would do in this situation.

Dutchess Was Not Happy:
When we got home on Sunday from Circleville, my dog, Dutchess was not happy with me for going off and leaving her! She gave me the cold shoulder for the rest of the day and evening! By the next morning she had forgiven me and was happy I was home! I guess by then she felt she had put me in my place! So all was forgiven!

Yesterday:
Yesterday I spent cleaning up the mess that my Son left in my kitchen, soon he'll have to do that himself! I watered all my plants, and picked up, and straitened up all the rooms, and unpacked. I soon had things back the way they belonged. Meanwhile, Mike went and got the 2 front tires put on the truck, so now the truck has all new tires on it! He got some things we were out of, and came home, not bad for someone who just had back fusion surgery on the 20th of February! It was nice just to have the house to myself for a couple of hours. I always get more done when I'm by myself, for short periods of time!

Today:
Today is sort of gloomy here in Ohio. It rained during the night, and the wind is blowing a bit now. Probably blowing in more rain, as it's supposed to rain the next couple of days. I talked to my Mom this morning, and it was raining hard in Circleville, Ohio. It's hard to believe that my Mom will be 7o in August! She sure doesn't act or look it!

1 comment:

A couple of newer paintings 2019 said...

We travel in the rain only out of necessity. Traveling isn't so bad it's packing up or setting up in the rain that we hate so we try to avoid it if we can but if we're trying to make time coming and going from Canada sometimes it can't be avoided.

Will you have all your dishes and bedding and such with you when you pick up the 5er? If so, I would definitely try a state or private park.

There's a couple here in Tucson who just bought a new Alfa Gold and they've had to take it back to the dealer about 3 times since they bought it. On Sunday night their furnace quit so the closer you are to the dealer, the better!