About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Thursday, March 20, 2008

FIRST DAY OF SPRING

First Day of Spring:
Today here in Ohio the first day of spring was very pretty, with temps of 50 degrees. It was too windy to be really nice, but it does look promising now. My flowers are up out of the ground about an inch. It's supposed to start raining tomorrow afternoon, and even mix with snow tomorrow evening. It doesn't look too promising for a nice Easter this year.

Easter Baskets:
I was able to stop and get the things for the Grandkids Easter Baskets today. Usually, I get them things like, brushes for their hair and hair barrette's,,clothes, new toothbrushes, toothpaste, lip gloss, perfume fruit spray, bubbles, and a little bit of candy. This year I cheated, and I was lazy , and I just got them candy! Probably TOO much CANDY!!! Boy, will my Son's be mad at me! It's okay though, they HAVE to take them home with them!!! Haha!

Dr Appointments:
I got my medications refilled today so I'm good for the next 3 months. Mike saw his neurosurgeon this afternoon, and he is very pleased with his progress, and thinks he is a little ahead of schedule as far as healing from his surgery. He has to wear his brace for 2 more months. His Doctor said his xrays look really good, and they will do a MRI when it has been 6 months to make sure bone is growing through the baskets he inserted.

Countdown:
Today is day 5 of our countdown. We got the license plates for our 5th wheel today! Time is going fast now and soon we'll be driving to Hamilton, near Cincinnati, Ohio. Just the rest of today, Friday, the weekend, and Monday to get through now before we go to pick up the 5er.


No comments: