About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Thursday, July 18, 2013

We're Having A Heat Wave!

Heat Wave:
   After all the posts I complained about cold weather this Winter and Spring I will not complain about it being very warm! We hit 91 today!  I'm lovin' it as long as I have AC! We were out in the heat yesterday, and it was pretty intense, and energy draining. But, I'm of the mind that I'd rather have this than cold. Tonight I had to go out and water all my hanging baskets and potted plants on the patio, they were very droopy and wilted from the heat. For some reason while I was out there, the mosquitoes were starving, and seemed to think they should make a meal out of me! Ouch! I wasn't liking that at all. Lol! To this day I have never figured out the purpose for mosquitoes, fleas, ticks, flies, and roaches! I certainly can't see that they do any good for the earth, or us humans. The first 4 cause misery with their bites to mankind, and roaches are just disgusting and gross! They're even worse than spiders, which I don't like, and don't want to be intimate with. At least I can see that most spiders do some good, and eat other bugs. As long as they don't get close to me I can co-exist with spiders. If they don't want to get cozy with me, I'm fine with them. If they get to close, they're gonna be a DEAD spider!  Cos, I got a shoe, and I'm not afraid to use it! Haha!

Plans:
   We're talking about August, and making plans for some traveling! When we come back from Indian Lake next Friday,  we're going to be going to a few places just the 2 of us and the dogs in August.  I am looking forward to getting away for a while. Where do you like to go in the summer to cool off? Unfortunately we won't be going too far. If I had my pick, I'd love to go back up to the Upper Peninsula in Michigan. We were stationed up in Sault St Marie, when we first got married, and Mike was in the Air Force. I never liked the Winter up there, we had snow up to the window sills from October to April! That is probably when I started hating Winter! Anyway, the Summer up there was usually nice. That is, as long as you slathered yourself with mosquito repellent. I swear the mosquitoes were about as big as the humming birds are here! Lol! If one of them got ya, you almost needed a blood transfusion! haha! No, I'm just kidding you! If you have never been up there it is a real experience, and one that I'd love to repeat. In the summer that is! The scenery was so pure and green, of course I can't say what it is like now, but I'd love to go up there for about 2 to 3 weeks sometime to find out.   
   I know one thing, I think that is when I developed my fear of long bridges! The Mackinac bridge that connects lower Michigan to the Upper Peninsula terrifies me! You can feel it swaying when it is windy, and it is always windy on that lake. Every time we came home for a visit, when we were stationed up there, Mike would have to stop the car a couple of miles before we got to the bridge. Then I would lay down in the back seat, and close my eyes, so I couldn't see how high up I was, and how much water there was under the bridge. It wasn't too bad if I couldn't see it, but I could still feel the bridge swaying. I imagine I would have to do something like that again, or at least keep my eyes shut the whole time we were on the bridge. That doesn't stop me from wanting to go back though.  That is one place that is on the list to go to next summer.
   So back to next month, I think we're going to go to Alum Creek state park for a week near Columbus. We can visit with Mike's Mom while were there. Then maybe to a little campground in Lancaster, Ohio for a week, and we'll be close enough to visit with my parents then in Circleville, Ohio. Then we'll head up to Berlin, Ohio, and Amish country.  That is for August. Then in September we hope to go somewhere for our Anniversary. We haven't got that far in the plans yet, and we have to start making reservations for the August trips first. I should probably get started on the reservations next weekend, just to be sure we can get in. So I imagine you'll be hearing about that as we narrow the down the time.

Charli:
   Today I had Miss Charlotte (Charli) from 8:30 a.m. to about 4 p.m. She went potty 3 times, what a good girl! I took her picture with her stickers, and she was so proud of herself! Tomorrow will be an early day starting at 5:45 in the a.m. Hopefully she'll do the same for me tomorrow. I asked my son when I was watering the flowers, if she had went potty for him. He said no every time he asked her, she said she didn't have to go! What! I'm going to have to have a serious talk with that boy! Of course she doesn't want to go, it interferes with what she is doing. I told him you don't ask, you just put her on the potty, no choice for her!  I then told him that he is undoing all that I accomplish with her during the day if he doesn't just put her on the potty, and not ask if she wants to go. Grrr! She'll be 3 next month, and she can do it, she's just lazy, and so are they! I've been trying to get them to potty train her for months!  I hope I'm not fighting an uphill battle. I plan on her being pretty much potty trained when we come back from the lake next Friday. I hope I don't have to train them to finish training her! Lol! 

Well guys, I think I am about out of words for tonight. So hang in there. Ya'll, tomorrow is Friday! So I'll be seein' ya's ...


No comments: