About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Two Hour Shopping Trip Turns Into Almost 7 Hour Trip!!!!!!'

Long Shopping Trip:
   My friend Sue and I were making a trip to Wally World and Meijer's today. We left around 12:30 p.m.She needed to stop at her credit union, and then we were going to go to the stores, and have lunch. So she  got out of the car at the credit union, and said "I'm going to turn it off because I don't want it to overheat." I said, "fine." Turns out that was a big mistake! When she got back in and turned the key, nothing happened! After several tries and nothing she said she was going to call her son. He was at work, so she called her daughter in law. Amy came over and was going to jump the battery with her jumper cables. Then when she opened up the hood, they couldn't find her battery! Lol! I don't know what kind of car she had, and she knows how to use the cables to jump a car, but they looked for a good 10 minutes and still couldn't find it. So Amy decided to ask this other lady if she could jump the battery for us. Well that wasn't a problem, so she did, and guess what happened, nothing again! So we thanked her, and she went on her way. Amy said she would take us home so Sue could get her other car, and then she would call Triple A.  Then she said never mind, she would take us up to Sue's son's work. We got there, and then he said," well why didn't you just go buy a battery?" Come on ya got 3 women here, and we don't know nothin' about diagnosing what is wrong with a car! We finally had a good laugh about the fact that we couldn't find the battery in Amy's car. When she asked her hubby, he said, " I think it is under one of the seats", but he wasn't sure which without the owners manual! I have never heard of that before. So we ended up at Wal Mart and he got a battery, then we went back and he installed it for his Mom. It started right up! He looked on the battery, and it said 2006! So I guess it was due! Everything was just like a comedy of errors today. Long story short we eventually got to the stores but several hours later! Lol! First we decided we needed lunch, so we stopped at Fricker's, and had a salad. Also because we had such a traumatic afternoon, lol, we each had a beer! Haha! Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Lol! After eating and having our beer we were finally able to laugh about it and continue on with our shopping! We finally got home at 7p.m. this evening! I didn't get anything done in the fiver today, or packed for our trip on Monday, but it sure was an interesting afternoon!

Sour Lemons, or Lemonade:
   I guess the reason I went through the whole story was this: when something like that happens do you grumble, and get mad, or do you see the humor in a situation?  Granted, Sue wasn't planning on spending an extra $100.00 on a new battery, and it wasn't so funny while it was happening, but we could see the humor in it! It wasn't worth getting all mad and depressed  about it and we had a good laugh. So we had a little of both today, a few sour lemons, and then some lemonade, or in our case a beer! Hehe! For the most part in was a fun adventure, even though it took a long time to explain! The way it happened each step was funny, and I'm sure I probably left out some key parts. But, maybe it was one of those moments that you had to be there to get the gist of it, but in the end we had a good time and a few laughs about it too. All I could think about while all this was going on was the theme song to Gilligan's Island, where they went out for a 2 hour tour! Haha! Mike said he was about ready to start calling places. I did try to call him to tell him to go ahead and eat, but his phone didn't get the call.

Tomorrow:
   Now tomorrow I will have to work double time to get caught up since I was gone all afternoon today. I still need to figure out some kind of a menu, and get groceries, and the fiver is still a mess from the sleepover last weekend! I need to get some laundry done too. Let's face it, I'm gonna be running around like a chicken with it's head cut off!! It was just too hot this week to work out there in the fiver with no air. I hope it won't be so hot and humid since it rained today, and I can get out there tomorrow and then get stuff packed. Most everything is is still in there except for the food we lost, so I hope it won't take too long! Well this is gonna be a wrap for now. So I'll see ya's...

No comments: