About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Lazy Dayz !

Lazy:
   As the title of this blog suggests, I am guilty! I haven't done anything much of all since Thursday night, and I'll get to that in a bit. First to tell ya what has happened in the fiver.

Fiver:
   You know how after ya get back from a trip, and you're tired, well I figured I would get the food and stuff we use all the time moved back into the house this weekend. We only took essentials out when we got home, like meds, toothbrushes and toothpaste, a few clothes, and of course our laptops etc... we just plugged the fiver into power and made trips back and forth when we needed anything. I know lazy, right? We probably had made enough trips to remove everything that we don't have doubles of already. Well unknown to us nature had other ideas. There was a storm the other night and the power went off and came right back on. well I'm sure you can guess what happened next! Our big fridge in the fiver didn't come back on. I still had quite a bit of food in there that I had to bring into the house. I always take more than we need, especially when the girls are with us. I lost all of it!  I didn't need anything for dinner Thursday night. I went to dinner with a friend of mine, and to a concert. Mike got himself a sub from Subway on his way home from his Doctor appointments on Thursday. So yesterday eve, I went out to the fiver to get things for dinner. When I walked into a fiver I noticed a "smell" and then I noticed that the temp light was flashing "60" on the fridge. No wonder it smelled, 60 degrees in a fridge is not a good thing! I opened the door and it about knocked me down. Then I looked into the freezer, and everything was thawed, and mushy, it also smelled bad too. I hurried and shut the doors and got Mike. He got it back on for me, and I figured I can clean it out after it is frozen again easier. So guess what I will be doing today. Yuck, I am not looking forward to it! At least with things cold it will not smell so bad. I hope! Wish me luck, I have a feeling I'm gonna need it, I don't have a very high tolerance for bad smells, I tend to get sick at my stomach. Okay I'm sure you'll hear more about this in the next post, so lets move onto a better subject.

Dinner and a Concert:
   My friend Sue and I had tickets for a concert in Kettering, Ohio at the Fraze Outdoor Pavilion on Thursday eve. We decided to have dinner first at the Longhorn Steak House, I had a $50.00 gift card from our son, from Christmas, and Mike wasn't interested in going. So we had a good dinner, and then we went to the Fraze. We had tickets to see Herman's Hermits starring Peter Noone, none other than Herman himself, from the original group from the 60's! That's the 1960's for you youngsters who don't know any groups from the British Invasion, and I'm not talking about the war for Independence's Invasion! Haha! Herman's Hermits has been my band since I was 13. Sue had never seen them, so it was a first for her! I have seen and met Herman / Peter Noone many times, and each time is a thrill for me. He is so very gracious, and very good to his fans, and fan club members! I am proud to tell you that I am a Lifetime Fan Club member of the Noonatics! He calls us Noonatics cause it rhymes with Lunatics, and we are all a bit crazy! Peter puts on a great show, and if you have never seen Herman's Hermits starring Peter Noone I highly recommend them, of course I am a bit prejudiced after all these years! Haha! Peter hasn't lost his voice like some of the older bands have. So he still sounds the same as all of the records I still have! Except his voice isn't scratchy like my old records! For those of you who are young, records are what came before cd's and cassette tapes and there were even 8 track tapes. You had to have a record player to play them on and they were made of vinyl and were big discs. As Herman says "Everything was bigger in the 60's"! Anyway Sue had a good time, she enjoyed the singing and loved Peter's jokes. We had a lot of fun! I was sorry when it was over. I didn't see very many other Noonatics there this time. It might have been because it was on a Thursday night instead of a weekend night. So I missed seeing a lot of my friends. There's always the next time, and Sue said she'd like to go again too!

Well I have put off the fridge in the fiver as long as I can, so I'd best get to it, it is always better to get unpleasant things over fast instead of sitting and thinking about them! So I'll see ya's... Tomorrow

No comments: