About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Yesterday Was A Bust

Yesterday:
   I watched Charli from 10:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. which is usually lots of fun. However, I don't recommend babysitting with a migraine to anyone.
  I didn't get much sleep the night before, and I think that's why I had the migraine. Someone, wonder who, decided to read most of the night after I had went to sleep, and I woke up at 3:30 a.m. with the light still on, and couldn't go back to sleep.  So I was up and grouchy the rest of the night. Now don't get me wrong, I used to do the same thing to Mike, when he was working mind you! Sometimes it's just hard to put a good book down! It doesn't usually bother me, but for some reason this time it did. Most of the time, I go to sleep with the light on when Mike is reading and I sleep all night, no matter what time he turns out the light. Does that make me a bigot for being angry at him for something that I myself have been guilty of doing? I guess it does. Anyway, I felt like day of the walking dead yesterday. Lol! 
   Poor Charli, we did a lot of quiet activities, like reading with her, coloring, etc...  It is really hard to keep a active 2 1/2 year old child quiet, and then she looks at you with those big deep blue eyes, and a big smile and says songs?  That is my cue that she wants to sing songs. I just don't have it in me to tell her no, when I am the one that taught her the songs in the first place. I know she really enjoys doing all the motions for them. She knows Gma always sings songs with her. So we had to sing the Wheels on the Bus, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Ten Little Indians, If You're Happy and You Know It, etc... needless to say they were expedited quieted versions because of my migraine, but we did sing them! After that I fixed her lunch and then it was nap time. I laid down with her and thought I'd try to catch up on some of my sleep. Didn't happen!  As I have said before, I can't sleep during the day unless I'm really sick. So during Charli's nap I just read after I tried to go to sleep for half an hour. Charli was really good so it was easy watching her, even though I wasn't feeling so good. I was relieved when our son came over and got her. I hope she wasn't too bored, I'll make it up to her on Friday!
   Then I just sort of sat in my recliner and became a couch/chair potato. No television, no laptop, etc... so that's why you didn't get a blog yesterday as I had planned on writing one.  I just read on my Kindle for the rest of the evening. Mike felt bad I know, and went out and got sandwiches for dinner, bless his heart. I did feel a little better after I ate, and the headache was pretty much gone by bedtime. I slept all night and didn't wake up last night. I just know that you, and Mike are really happy to know that! Haha! Well I know at least Mike is, it's not a good thing to be around me when I'm grouchy, just ask him. After almost 41 years of marriage, (will be in September) he knows me very well. Haha!  He always tries his best to make me happy! If not for my sake, at least for his sake! Lol! He knows that if I'm not happy he's not gonna be! Haha!  All kidding aside, he really always tries to keep me happy, he's always been like that! I know that I am lucky, and I really do appreciate everything he does for me, whether he knows it or not.


Today:
   So today is a new, better day than yesterday, and I need to find something to keep me busy. I can't just vegetate in my chair all day, like I did yesterday evening. Over the weekend, I got the fridge in the fiver cleaned out, and washed it out with vinegar and Dawn. Now it smells good again. Mike again, came to my rescue, and took pity on me. He threw out all the food for me so I wouldn't get sick from the smell. So the rest was easy for me. Thank You Mike! Anyway, I know I have to do dishes, and clean the bathroom, and then there is my least favorite thing to do dust. Which around here seems to be never ending.I don't know why this area or this house is so dusty.
   I know if my Grand Daughter Tehya, was over here she'd do it for me! For a small nominal fee that is. Haha! She is a very enterprising 9 year old, and she does a good job. She is always asking if there is anything she can do to make some money. I know she'll be a good worker when she grows up. She says she wants to make lots of money, so she can own a pet rescue when she grows up. Gotta give her credit for that, she knows that they are desperately needed. Of course, the fact that she loves animals doesn't hurt either! She has a very good heart, and I hope that each one of our Grand Daughters are able to realize all their dreams. Okay, I sort of got off track, so now you know that I hate the common menial task of dusting for some reason. It isn't the act of doing it, so much as that it has to be repeated so often I think. I like doing more creative things so that must be the reason. Maybe I should just draw pictures in the dust! Lol! 
   Well I really do have to get busy, doing the menial tasks, so I can find something fun to do! What fun things do you do when all the chores are done? So, I'll be right back here at this keyboard in the very near future. Until then, see ya's...




No comments: