About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Monday, June 24, 2013

Home Again!

Home:
   We are home and I am so glad to have my fast internet back. The Verizon MiFi 3 G was so slow that I just gave up on it! I will be glad when we get our 4 G back again.  So only one blog in 2 weeks, and couldn't tell ya anything we were doin'. It was so frustrating! I don't know what happened the day it let me post all those pics of the girls and the trip to Ohio Caverns. I sure wasn't able to get on after that. Must have been a good day or something.

Dogs:
   Bella and Lilly have passed their first camping trip with flying colors! I was so worried, and afraid they were going to behave like little monsters. Maybe it was the fact that I told them there was a kennel near Indian Lake, and if they were bad they would have to go there for the rest of the time. Haha! No, I doubt that they even understood what I told them, but they were sure on their best behavior! Of course once we got home the good behavior went right out the window! Lol! That is until I got the remote for the shock collars out of my purse! Then they were like oh no she found it! Anyway, I was really impressed with them. Of course most of the time they were outside so that helped, but they were even good in the fiver.
   I'll tell ya one thing I didn't like was using those plastic coated tie out cables, they were forever tangled up, and boy can those suckers burn you if they get tangled around your legs! First I was trying to hold them when a person went by walking their dog, I ended up with 2 big blisters on my fingers when they pulled the cable through my fingers. Then they got tangled around Mike's foot when they were playing, and he got a burn on his ankle. Next I went to grab their collars and missed when another dog went by, and they pulled me down when they wrapped around my leg. So not only do I have bruises on both knees, but I have a 2 and a half inch burn on my foot from the plastic around the cable. It gets really hot when it is pulled around your skin! After that I didn't try to grab their collars anymore I just zapped them! I should of done that the first time! They weren't being mean, they just wanted to play. Anyway, it looks terrible, and is still very red and sore. I have been putting Bactine and triple antibiotic ointment on it. I don't know what we'll use next time.

Tomorrow:
   I have to be up by 5:45 a.m. tomorrow morning, Charli is going to be here until noon, and Autumn and Tehya will be here about 7:30 or 8:00 a.m. So I am jumping right back into watching the Grand Girls. Then at 1:00 p.m. I have an appointment to get my hair done. So busy day tomorrow. I will tell ya the rest of what went on tomorrow cos I have to get some sleep. So I'll see ya's...

No comments: