About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Friday, May 10, 2013

Sorry About Being MIA for a Few Days / Computer Saga

MIA:
   The last few days have not been good ones.  After being pretty much told by Best (NOT) Buy that it sucks to be you, I have been trying to get this laptop back up and running. Needless to say they didn't exchange it, but I will comment on that in a bit. I have been having trouble getting everything to reload from the point that I saved it, so I just wiped everything out, and started fresh, and I am trying to get everything back on here that I had, then I'll worry about whether or not I can get all my saved things back on here or not. I have gotten some things downloaded so I can at least do my blog. I've missed you all ! Okay, read on to the Laptop and Best Buy fiasco. I will use this laptop until it just blows up. We'll see what happens.

Laptop:
   I copied and pasted what I wrote on Facebook so that is the reason for the different color. So if you are one of my friends, and read it on Facebook you can skip this part because it is the same!
Best(not) Buy is on my mind, and not in a good way! Do not go there, do not buy there, I will not ever again. Did you know that even with a receipt they don't have to replace anything after 30 days???? Especially if you didn't buy their warranty, and even if you did buy their warranty they have the option to fix it before replacing it??? As I told you all a few days ago the laptop I bought there on January 30,2013 had a warning from the control center saying the hard drive was defective. Long story short I did as it said, backed it up and took it back to Best Buy to be replaced. They "ran" a scan on it, said they found nothing wrong with it, BUT they could take it in for diagnostic, and "fix " for a "fee" since I didn't buy their warranty, or I could send it back to Toshiba for work 
since it was still under "their" warranty. One of the managers said that she could get that number for me very snotty like. I told her I could do that myself that I wasn't helpless. I was made to feel lower than a slug. I told her that wasn't an option that I needed my computer for my business, she told the workers to "pack it up" (my laptop) and told me we're done and walked off! So in other words Best Buy is not willing to stand behind their product and don't care how much you spend, after 30 days whatever you buy is your problem not theirs! My laptop was 3 months and 5 days old! So I brought it home wiped out everything, and I will use it until it blows up. I will never set foot in that place again, or any Best Buy again. I told her she lost a good customer, cos I had spent thousands of dollars there, 1 desktop, 4 laptops,1 Kindle, 2 digital cameras, and countless other items, she really didn't care.I never had any problems with any of those items. So BEWARE if you don't plan to buy their warranty and even if you do you're screwed either way, cos all they have to do is fix the item! Sorry this is so long, but I wanted everyone to know about Best (Not) Buy!  So as Forest Gump would say, "that's all I have to say about that"! I am still too mad about it, and I wouldn't want to burn any one's ears or hurt any one's sensibilities with any bad words, that I feel like saying right now. It is bad enough that I already thought them! I hope people will learn from my experience, and not buy anything there.

Fiver:
   Yesterday I opened windows in the fiver, and put the awning out to get some fresh air in there and to let the awning dry out. It stormed during the night, so now I imagine the awning is wet again, but today is supposed to be a rain event with rain in the forecast for most of the day. So I guess, I will wait until Monday to open the awning again. The forecast for this weekend is not very good so that is why I am waiting. Anyway, yesterday was a beautiful day and it made me want to get out and walk the dogs. I resisted, I didn't think my foot could handle walking a half mile in this surgical shoe since it doesn't bend. I am sure the dogs would have enjoyed the walk though as much as I would have. This not doing anything hasn't helped my humor, my energy, or the size of my behind! Lol!

Short:
   Well I know this is short, for me, but I want to try to get this mess my laptop is in fixed today if I can! I promise I will be back tomorrow!  So I will see ya's soon...
















No comments: