About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Monday, May 6, 2013

Rainy Day's and Monday's - We Got Both Today!

Rainy Day's and Monday's:
   I am sure you have heard that song by the Carpenters. We got lucky, and we got both today! Just a little sarcasm there! Haha! It is 62 degrees, and as I said it is raining, and it's also a Monday so it fits! It is a very dreary day, and is making me sleepy, if I was wrapped  in a blanket nice and warm, I am sure that I could drift off quite easily. Good day for soup,lol!

Steak:
   The steak was awesome, even if I do say so myself! Mike thought it was really good too, and I even got a kiss for the meal! That doesn't happen very often! Lol! Mike said it was really tender, and it was. I almost left it on the grill too long, was just barely pink in the middle, and we like a little pinker than that.  So we ended up with a baked potato, (we halved it, it was huge) the steak, peas, and peach dump cake for desert. Oh, I also had 2 gasses of wine! We were stuffed. I could have just fixed one steak, and split it between the two of us, cos the steaks were very big, and we were only able to eat half a steak each. Next time, that is what I will do, I guess we just don't eat as much as we used to. So maybe we'll have steak and eggs for dinner tonight, with a few hash browns thrown in for good measure. Hey, we gotta finish up the steak, and we can't have only protein! Haha!

Crutches and Wine:
   Crutches and wine don't mix too well! It is hard enough to walk a straight line with crutches, without drinking 2 glasses of wine. I am out of practice, only 2 glasses and I was in mellow'sville. Yeah, I know that isn't I word, I made it up cos that is how I was feeling, very mellow. Lol!  Being on crutches added an element  to the mix I wasn't expecting! I was fine and mellow while I was sitting down, standing up and walking was another story and a little scary! I'm just not much of a drinker anymore, all though I still enjoy a glass of wine once in a while. However, I am on the wagon until I'm off the crutches! Haha! I was afraid I would fall and hurt my foot, even though I wasn't dizzy at all. Using crutches takes concentration, even without wine! Needless to say, I was glad I didn't have far to go when it was time for bed.

Foot Blurb:
   Last night I used an Avon (Avon plug here) lavender clay mask for feet on my foot, I think it has salt in it, to remove the flaking skin off my foot. Then I soaked it in warm water for about 10 minutes. After rubbing it with a wash cloth, I was able to get most of the dead skin off. I just know that you are so happy to know that! Lol! After that, I slathered it with lavender overnight foot moisture cream, also Avon! Lol! Hey, I had it and I might as well use it, by the way it worked awesome! Got to get a testimonial in on a product in where ya can, and it did the job t was supposed to! My foot looked pretty good this morning when I got up.

Busy:
   Well I wanted to get my blog done early today, so I could try to do a few things, like dishes, and clean the bathroom, etc... I'm sure I will have to take a lot of rest breaks with my foot up, in between things to help keep the swelling down. Let's hope I can manage it, Mike is really getting tired of doing everything. Then there is the way I do things, Vs the way he does things, they don't match.  I  really appreciated Mike keeping up with everything while I was off my foot, but it is time for me to start doing a few things so my foot will get stronger. I had to rearrange my cupboards the other day, he didn't know where I put everything,so he just put it where he found an empty space. Hey, I am not complaining, at least he put stuff away! I am picky, and I have a definite place for some things, so they had to go right back where they belong. I guess I am a little anal about things like that.

Laptop:
   I am having trouble with some of the keys on my laptop sticking or not working when you push on them, so if there is an i or an o missing in some words those are the ones I am having trouble with at the moment. I am going to have to get my paintbrush out and go over the keys to see if something is stuck under one of them. I do try to catch things when I proof read, before I publish a post, so if I miss something, I am sorry.

   As I said before I want to get busy so I will just say, See Ya's...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, let me add that if you need help eating a steak dinner or help with finishing a bottle of wine, you can always call upon your favorite daughter-in-law (that would be me)...I love to help when I can ;) lol BTW-for the record readers, that Avon Lavendar Clay mask is that awesome! My hubby (Sassy's MIDDLE son) uses it quite a bit.